10 Fashion Trends That Are Making A Comeback

"OMG I love your skirt! Where'd you get it?" "Thanks, it's vintage. It was my mom's in the 80's!"

83
Columbia Pictures

Millennials have this habit of thinking everything they do is original. A majority of our current fashion trends are just being recycled from the past, and all the big trends that seem to be emerging are just coming back in style and probably making your mom super nostalgic. However, no one ever said it was a bad thing! Throw on some U2 or The Cranberries and rock that scrunchie you just bought.

1. Button Front A-Line Skirts

Wildly popular in the '70s, these button in the front skirts have become available in all sorts of patterns from corduroy to velvet. They're so easy to dress up and dress down that their popularity doesn't come as a surprise, and if you don't own one I'm sure you've asked to borrow your best friend's once or twice.

2. Birkenstocks

Beloved Birks have been taking everywhere from college campuses to high school hallways by storm. More popular in the 90s, these "hippie sandals" that were once a fashion faux-pas worn only by yoga instructors and middle-aged women are now the flip-flop alternative with added arch support.

3. Chokers

While the totally '90s tattoo choker made its comeback first, many have now adopted the choker trend and made it their own. All sorts of pendants are being put onto leather cords and short chains to add a subtle bohemian element to these accessories.

4. Crop Tops

I guess it's fair to say that crop tops never really went out of style, but 2016 has brought a huge influx of high waisted pants and cropped tops. Often spotted alongside a choker or maybe some Birkenstocks, the high waisted-crop top trend seems to still be going strong into the fall.

5. Round Sunglasses

Sunglasses in all sorts of shapes are being worn around these days, but these John Lennon-esque round sunglasses seem to be the most popular. These glasses have made their way out of the hipster community and have became a serious summer fad.

6. Parachute Pants

Parachute Pants have come a long way since MC Hammer. They're not only fashionable, but their comfort level is right up there with sweatpants. Who could argue with stylish pants that feel like pajamas?

7. Scrunchies

Personally, I'm surprised scrunchies ever went out of style because of their ability to rip out substantially less hair than the traditional hair elastic. Maybe their bulky aspect began to turn people off; however, slowly but surely, more and more people are embracing the scrunchie again.

8. Dr. Martens

Another '80s trend that has come back with strength are Dr. Martens. Although people have been consistently wearing these since the '80s, within the past few years they have become popular among more than just those looking to sport the grunge look.

9. Denim on Denim

Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake would be proud of the growing popularity of denim on denim. The current rise of different styles of jeans and various articles of clothing in denim makes it that much easier to look fashionable by combining excessive amounts of denim.

10. Space Buns

To be honest, the first thing I think of when I see space buns is Jamie Lynn Spears. Every character in "Zoey 101" was spotted wearing these buns at least once, and now it's hard to avoid at least one pair on any given college campus on a Friday night.