10 Events That Lasted Longer Than Anthony Scaramucci's Job At The White House

"No WH chaos!" ~Donald J. Trump

74
Vanity Fair

10 days, folks. Thatā€™s how long former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci lasted in his esteemed position after replacing Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who replaced our much beloved Sean Spicer (a.k.a. Melissa McCarthyā€™s Muse) as White House Press Secretary.

And the reason for Scaramucciā€™s glorious tenure being cut short? Newly appointed Chief of Staff John Kellyā€™s personal request. And who was John Kelly appointed to replace yesterday? Yes, of course, Reince Priebus, Donald Trumpā€™s former Chief of Staff who was ousted due to Scaramucciā€™s declared inability to work with him. What goes around comes around, kids.

All of this tension in the White House and its incumbent administration has grabbed the attention of the world, as yet another unfortunate victim joins the ranks. Welcome, Scaramucci, to a long (seemingly endless) list of employees that Donald Trump has removed from his office.

So Mooch didnā€™t last more than 10 days in the administration. But hey, 10 days in this political tumult probably seems like 10 months to this administrationā€™s Communicationā€™s Director.

And honestly, heā€™s probably a little relieved that he can go back to being a Democrat while getting stoned in some cabin in the Colorado Rockies that he owns a timeshare of with Sean Spicer and Kellyanne Conway. Thatā€™s just speculation on my part, but would it really surprise anyone?

Here are 10 things that miraculously outlived Anthony Scaramucciā€™s exquisite time as the White House Communications Director.

10. Floridaā€™s Vote Recount for the 2000 Election

The entire "Hanging Chad" debacle became a Supreme Court case, one which issued a ruling on December 12th, 2000 that ultimately led to Bush Jr's victory. But until the time of the ruling, vote recounts were active for over a month. (Nov. 8th-Dec. 9th)

9. BenoĆ®t Lecomteā€™s 73-Day Swim Across the Atlantic Ocean

This guy was able to swim from Hyannis, MA to Brittany, France (that's 3,716 miles) in 73 days. If Scaramucci's tenure had the physique of Lecomte, he would've been about 530 miles out to sea before getting fed to the sharks.

8. "Mariner 2ā€™s" 97-Day Travel to Venus

Mariner 2 was launched on August 8th, 1962 by NASA, and successfully flew by our closest neighboring planet on December 14th of the same year.

7. The Longest Game of ā€œMonopolyā€ That Lasted 70 Days

I have no trouble believing that this game could be carried out over the span of 70 days. The pure stamina that this feat requires is rivaled by no other endeavor than the coveted position of White House Communications Director.

6. The Austro-Prussian ā€œSeven Weeksā€™ Warā€ in 1866

This war has as many nicknames as Trump has words in his vocabulary. Seven, to be exact. Find them hereĀ  on the Wikipedia page.

5. The Short-Lived ā€œThirty Daysā€™ Warā€ Between the Greek and Ottoman Empire

Also known as the "Greco-Turkish War of 1897", this skirmish over ownership of the province, Crete led to 1,900 casualties and left over 2,600 soldiers wounded.

4. Emperor Napoleon IIā€™s 16-Day Reign

NapolƩon FranƧois Charles Joseph Bonaparte, Napoleon Bonaparte's only legitimate son, held the title of "Titular Emperor of the French" for a brief 16 days in 1815 before being succeeded by Louis XVIII.

3. Obamaā€™s Post-Presidential Vacation

After eight years of high stress and tension, our former President and First Lady were seen enjoying themselves on a well-deserved vacation before heading back to their new home, located only a few miles from the White House. This picture was taken of Barack learning how to kitesurf in the British Virgin Islands.

2. A Record-Breaking Rainy Day Streak of 15 Days in Washington D.C. (This May)

April showers bring... well, in the case of our nation's capital, it just brought more showers. May of 2017 was a wet one, and pretty much reflected how most of our government was functioning.

1. Scaramucciā€™s Support of the Democratic Agenda

Although you can't find it on his Twitter page anymore, plenty of people were able to screenshot Tweets from his pro-Hillary, pro-gun control, anti-wall days. They weren't hard to find, considering they lasted from before 2012 until deep into this election cycle. We can't wait to see what Scaramucci's Twitter has to offer following these latest developments!

Not anymore Mooch. Not anymore.