10 Different Type of Friends You Don't Want To Have

Watch out for these type of friends.

976
Mean Girls

We have all experienced bad friends in our life I am sure. For me I feel that I have experienced my fair share in such a short period already. From my experiences, I would like to share with you the type of friends that I have encountered that you should watch out for.

1. The fair-weather friend.

The fair-weather friend is the kind of friend that will come and go as they see fit when they have nothing else better going on. They want to hang out with you as a last resort because the rest of their friends, the ones they would prefer to hang out with, are busy with other things.

Not mention, they never invite you to the things that they do because they don't really care to hang out with you. Not to mention, when life gets hard for you, they'll be the first ones out the door.

2. The self-centered friend.

We're all probably guilty of being this friend at one point or another and that's okay. Sometimes we need to focus on us a little and for our friends to be there when we need it.

However, there are those type of friends where EVERYTHING is about them. You aren't able to get a word in edgewise because it is all ME, ME, ME. These type of friends will never be the kind of person you can count on and therefore you should avoid these individuals in your life.

3. The friend only concerned about her boyfriend.

I can't act like I haven't been this friend before because when we all start out in new relationships it's fresh and exciting and we're committed. However with that being said the relationship doesn't have to be the basis of your life. I have endured this friend before in the worst time of my life and finally exploded on her.

Honestly, I'm happy you're in a relationship but making your only concern about him is pathetic. When your life is so based on another individual that you can't distinguish the rest of the world from it than that is just sad. After dealing with this type of friend, I recommend to proceed with caution and not expect too much out of them if you're going to keep them around.

4. The good time friend.

This particular type of friend is the kind that is only around when the party is rolling. They are the type of friend that when things get real and you aren't able to do the things your relationship was based on (i.e., partying, drinking, going out every night, being their drunk ride, etc.), then they no longer have a use for you and are suddenly not around as much.

These type of friends are pretty easy to spot considering they only really hang out with you in particular settings. Trust me you don't want this type of friend because when things aren't a party, they won't be there.

5.The judgmental friend.

This friend is the type that is so quick to judge you for everything you do. They don't care what the situation is because they will judge you no matter the circumstances. They always have something to say about everything you do, the choices you make, the people you bring around, etc. They usually have nothing nice to say about anything that has to do with you and it will definitely weigh down on you and your self-esteem.

Don't even bother with these kinds of people, you're better than that.

6. The moocher.

It never fails that you will find the type of friend that comes around when you're spending money, have nice things they want, or partake in activities you get to be involved in. They will conveniently forget their wallet or come around when things are going well for you. Sadly, these friends will always be the type that will take and take without any give. Your wallet will thank you for watching out for these type of friends.

7. The two-faced friend.

This one is always a favorite of mine because it is always so common to deal with. You have the type of friend who pretends to be your buddy and then turns around and says terrible things about you every chance they get. They have no problem laying everything they think about you to everyone but to you, especially when it is negative. Even further they love to pretend they are on your side but then will do the same thing to the person you are fighting with. They have no issue telling everyone the things that you confide in them because they really are your friend. If there is no trust in a friendship, then you shouldn't be in it.

8. The negative Nancy.

Nobody likes a Debbie Downer, the kind of friend that is negative about everything. It really can bring any situation down and yourself as well. No, every situation isn't going to work out for the best but you don't always have to think or resort to the worst.

Everything in life isn't negative so there is no need for that mindset or to surround yourself with that kind of negativity either. You know what they say, misery loves company and that's just company you shouldn't keep.

9. The drama starter.

Why is it that there is always that one friend you can't take anywhere? The one that just has to stir up issues with not just strangers but friends as well when you're hanging out or out for the night. It's crazy that these individuals have friends that want to still hang out with them or want to go anywhere with them that requires interacting with other individuals.

Not to mention it just seems like drama is the center of their life and "ain't nobody got time for that." Who wants to deal with constant drama and never being able to let loose and enjoy your time?

10. The flake.

Finally, the last type of friend you want to watch out for is the flake. The person that can never keep plans and always has something come up. If your friend doesn't have time for you then you really aren't that important to them. I get that we are all busy especially in college but they could meet you for a quick lunch cause hey, we all have to eat at some point. Either way, there is no reason why they can't find any time for you.

Just watch out for these type of individuals because they are the type that get buried in your life and just suck you dry. Life is entirely too short to deal with bad friends when there are so many people out there that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.