10 Cristina Yang Quotes Every College Student Needs To Hear

The hospital is like high school with scalpels.

269
media.melty.it

" Grey's Anatomy" has some of the most relatable characters that we have come to know and love from the heartthrob Derek McDreamy Shepard, the passionate and sensitive Meredith Grey, to the blunt, loose cannon Cristina Yang. But the truth is that while binge-watching the show we have all had one thought in our head, "I am Cristina Yang." Almost everyone can relate to Cristina Yang on a personal level, especially college students. She works hard to balance her work life and social life, just like a college student is trying to figure out what the heck they want to do with their life while balancing working, studying, maintaining a social life and still getting sleep. Below are 10 Cristina Yang quotes that every college student needs to hear.

1. "Whenever we think we know the future, even for a second, it changes."

Nothing is permanent in this world. Life is constantly moving at a fast pace, and as soon as we become comfortable, life throws us a curve ball. Accepting the concept that nothing is permanent Sitting idly by as others move forward is the worst thing that you can do for yourself. Take that step into the unknown; it may be the scariest thing you will do but it may also have the best results.

2. "Screw beautiful, I'm brilliant. If you want to compliment me, compliment my brain."

Cristina demands to be recognized for her surgical talents, as supposed to her physical attributes. She refused to let superficiality undermine her and all the work that she put in to all of her hard work. No one should take you as face value, you are worth a lot more than what you look like on the outside.

3. "If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more."

In order for things to change, you have to take your life into your own hands. Only you can decide what brings you happiness and it is up to you to take control of your own life. Moping around isn't going to get you anywhere; leave all the crappy excuses and laziness behind you or you will be your own worst enemy.

4. "He's very dreamy, but he's not the sun, you are."

These lines perfectly define the roles women adopt because we have been conditioned to think this is natural. We sacrifice because we think we want to; that it's easier to just go with the flow. But whether it is in a romantic relationship or platonic one, you need to realize when someone is holding you back or keeping you from reaching your true potential.

5. "Pretty good is not enough, I want to be great."

Never settle for anything less than what you deserve. Have goals and do everything in your power to make them happen. Shoot for the starts and do not stop until you have them.

6. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don't give a damn what anyone thinks."

At the end of the day, you ultimately only have yourself to lean on. This is not to say that you will not develop relationships and have people by your side, but you are the only one that is standing in your corner 24/7. You cannot let anyone else slow you down or keep you from reaching your potential.

7. "It'll hurt. Every time you think of her. But over time, it will hurt less and less. And eventually you'll remember her and it will only hurt a little."

Nothing lasts forever. Whether it is a friendship that ended rocky, a relationship that resulted in countless tears and empty cartons of ice cream, or a loved one that passed away, everyone is going to experience loss in their lives. The hurt you feel is inevitable, but it won't last forever.

8. "We have to dance it out. That's how we finish."

Everything can get extremely intense and stressful at times, and a lot of the time you will feel like you are way in over your head. Sometimes taking a step back to breathe or "dance it out" is all you need to relieve that stress; even if it's only for a moment. And nothing can be solved with a little dancing.

9. "Find hope where there seems to be absolutely none at all."

The worst thing that you can do for yourself is give up. Just when you feel like there is absolutely nothing else you can do and that all hope is gone - that is when you need to pull it together and find the strength and hope to push through. You have to find the positive in any situation and just run with it.

10. "If there's no food, I'm going home."

Food is a foundation of life and everything revolves around food. Food can be the foundation of many relationships whether it be conversations over a dining table or cups of coffee. And food comes before most things. Pretty much always, food comes before everything.