10 Confessions of a Business Major

10 Confessions of a Business Major

Eat. Sleep. Coffee.

353
10 Confessions of a Business Major
Kaboom Pics

The minute I graduated high school, I knew what my college major would be. A year into my college career, I decided to transfer schools. Switching schools was a tough decision; the easy decision was to keep my major. I knew, and I still know that I am a business student. I eat, sleep and breathe resumes, Linkedin, and blazers. I wouldn't want it any other way.

1. "An Easy Major"

People assume that being a business major is easy. Or worse, they assume you're a business major because you don't know what you really want to do. For some, this may be true. For the vast majority of us, this is the farthest thing from the truth.

2. And no, I’m not just in it for the money.
3. Eat, Sleep & Breathe Resume.

As a business student, most of us are born with a resume. Okay, maybe not actually born with it, although it sure does feel like it. We spend most of our college lives perfecting it and still feel like it could use some work. Any professor you ask to look at it will find something to improve. No matter how many people read it, it can always be improved. Which is annoying...yet something I’m grateful for.

4. Most commercials aren't very good.

Advertisements will never be the same. I always look at it for way too long or pause the ad to analyze it. I pick out what I would change, and what is actually pretty good. At this point, my brain is wired to pick ads apart.

5. Business Casual? Heck yeah!!

If a presentation requires a minimum business casual...count me in. There is something about a cute pair of heels and a blazer that make me feel like a boss lady.

6. Accounting isn't that bad.

As a marketing major, numbers are not my strong suit. That being said, accounting is so intimidating. Confession: I actually love my accounting class. Enough to switch my major? No. But enough to get through it, and hopefully get an A.

7. Group. Projects.

Planning meetings with groups for projects is always a struggle. No one has time, and no one wants to make time either. If it wasn’t for google docs, nothing would get done.

8. Microsoft Word > Google Docs

Although Google docs are better for projects, that’s about the only thing it’s good for. Microsoft Word is the only way to go. It has more capabilities than google docs. (And now there is even an autosave button.)

9. Unpaid Internships

Internships. Internships. Internships. I still have a year before I need to have one, but thinking about it already stresses me out.

10. Do I address this professor by “Dr.” or “Prof”? I can never remember.