10 Christmas Gifts For The College Student On A Budget

Keep it simple.
11

Welcome to yet another Christmas article, there will be more to come.

I'm just overly excited for Christmas and so are most people on the Holy Cross campus right now. Now after Black Friday my wallet is a lot lighter since I spent a disgusting and embarrassing amount of money on things that I probably didn't really need, but the sales were just too good to pass up. I realized however that I didn't think about saving money to buy Christmas presents for my friends and family.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is looking for slightly less expensive gifts to give to people, so I started searching on Pinterest and here are a few ideas I have. Most of these are geared towards females since I will not be buying a significant other a present because that requires having a significant other.

1. Dunkin' Donuts Gift Card (or any other gift card I suppose).

Most people I have come across enjoy Dunks and if you give them a $15-25 gift card, I am sure it will put a huge smile on their face.

2. The Classic: Mug with Candy inside.

Girls seem to obsess over cute mugs from Target, which range from about $5-20. Mugs are always a useful thing to have in your room if you're a coffee, tea, or hot chocolate drinker, and filling the mug up with candy just gives the gift a little something extra special.

3. Scarves are super cozy and will keep anyone warm on this freezing cold campus during the long winter months that are approaching.

4. Bath and Body Works gift sets are always a good idea.

Everyone loves to smell nice (I hope) and there are a huge variety of scents that will definitely be enjoyable for the person wearing them but also for the people around them. (Range anywhere from $15 to $40)

5. Face masks from Sephora...you can find them in the travel section.

These are under $5.00 I am pretty sure so if you get a few of them and maybe get some cute fuzzy socks to throw in the bag, you'll be good to go.

6. Festive wine glasses or shot glasses are a huge theme in my group of friends, and they really are not that expensive (maybe up to $30)

7. A Fuzzy Blanket of some sort because everyone likes soft blankets to snuggle up in (around $25)

8. Framed picture of you and the person you are giving the gift to.

You only have to buy a frame and those are not expensive at all. This gift is also more personal and thoughtful that I'm sure the person will keep for a long time.

9. Candles. Everyone loves candles and you can get them anywhere for under $25.

10. DIY something, I am not super crafty, but I did receive a customized Harry Potter wine glass last year from one of my friends. So that's one idea.