20 Bible Verses To Read During Finals Week

"So do not fear, for I am with you." Isaiah 41:10

14352
The Nanyang Chronicle

Finals week is almost here and the stress and anxiety levels are rising all around college campuses. It's the time of the year when caffeine becomes an addiction and students spend their days, nights and weekends studying their lives away at the library. For me, I can get pretty overwhelmed during finals week with all the different tests and projects that I have to do. I have to remind myself that everything happens for a reason and it will always work out in the end. So, here are some of my favorite verses of the bible to read when I get stressed with life or school.

1. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Psalm 62:8

2. Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

Psalm 55: 22

3. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

1 Peter 5:7

4. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28

5. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31

6. The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Isaiah 58:11

7. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

8. For no word from God will ever fail.

Luke 1:37

9. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

10. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Exodus 14:14

11. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 28:7

12. I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 121:1

13. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:13

14. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

Colossians 3:23

15. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength.

2 Timothy 4:17

16. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6:33

17. Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

John 13:7

18. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her.

Luke 1:45

19. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is my strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:26

20. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11