22 Bible Verses For College Students

22 Bible Verses For College Students

The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me!

1259
22 Bible Verses For College Students
http://www.lifehack.org/

Everything happens after college: jobs, relationships, and, dare I say, more responsibilities? As students, we have to somehow get from Point A to Point B and that's not always an easy task. It's not just the classes that are tricky — life is. In one week, we can experience joy, heartbreak, loneliness and gratitude. With such a topsy-turvy journey sometimes we have to seek something more than ourselves and go to a higher power.

College is a great time to experience challenges, celebrations and opportunities for growth, especially with good friends and an even better God. The Bible has some really amazing and insightful words of advice. God does have all the answers, answers that are at our fingertips, so we may as well listen. Maybe by reflecting on some of these you will feel encouraged or relieved by what the verses say. Although not all verses may resonate with everyone, here are some that I've personally found useful in everyday life.

For When You Are Challenged

1 Corinthians 10:12-13

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

To Believe In A Happy Ending

Romans 8:28

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

For A Promise of Patience

Isaiah 40:30-31

"Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

For When You're Anxious

Matthew 6:34-34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

To Know You Are Worth It

Psalm 139:14

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

For When You Screwed Up

1 Peter 4:8-8

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

For Comfort in Him

Psalm 32:7

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

For Facing Oppression

Matthew 5:10

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

For Witnessing Opportunities

Matthew 5:14-15

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

To Give Perspective

Ephesians 2:8-9

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."

For When You Need Your Priorities Checked

Matthew 6:21

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

To Know That It Will Work Out in the End

Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

For When You're Facing Adversity

Romans 12:2

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect"

For Reflecting Upon a Good Friendship

Proverbs 27:17

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."

For When Someone Hurts You

Luke 6:35

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil."

To Feel Assured and Strengthened

2 Corinthians 12:9

"But he said to me. 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

For When You're Thankful

Psalm 8:3-6

"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet."

For the Time Before an Exam or Final

1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

For When You're Tired

Matthew 11:28-29

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

To Be Hopeful in Prayer

Matthew 7:7-8

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

For When Life Feels Out of Control

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

For College Students Facing the World

1 Timothy 4:12

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity."