10 Effective Things To Do When Stress Attacks

Just destressing.

14
Sailing Montauk

With midterms coming up, stress is at an all-time high, so here are some things to help destress when it attacks.

1. Invest in some bath bombs.

Take a trip to Lush and pick out some awesome bath bombs. After a long day of school or work, running some hot water and popping in a bath bomb will work wonders. The swirling colors, fizzing and bubbling will both be a distraction from the craziness in your life, and the warm water and scents are enough to melt the stress from your muscles. On a cold day, it helps to warm your soul as well.

2. Sleep.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep at night, especially before long days. Sometimes if you have time, a 15-minute cat nap is enough to perk you up and refresh you. It's just a way to hit reset.

3. Netflix.

Binge-watching a show you love or flipping on a movie is enough to give yourself a mental break from your worries. Although too much of this can be unhelpful with stress and a distraction from goals, a little Netflix never hurt anybody.

4. Make a list.

Writing up a list of all the things you need to do for the day or even the week can help you keep track of what you need to accomplish.

5. Retail therapy.

Nothing like buying a new dress to make yourself feel better or a comfy sweatshirt to throw on when you have a long day ahead of you. Comfort is key.

6. Make the best of the weekend.

Make sure to schedule yourself some time to blow off steam. It's important to see the people you care about to vent and planning fun activities is what can help get you through a tough week by having something to look forward to.

7. Plan a night out.

Plan a night out where you have nothing to worry about but what you're wearing, where you're going, and who you're meeting up with.

8. Set your tasks to a playlist.

Cleaning is ten times better when your favorite song is playing and it can help you get into the groove of things. Music can help with studying as well.

9. Stretch.

Or... do some other kind of work out. By stretching, you're releasing the built up stress. Working out or having a routine can help wind your mind and your body down from running around as well.

10. Plan a trip.

Look up a trip online or a potential trip and brainstorm what you would like to do there. By setting a more fun goal it will make you realize how important it is to succeed so you are able to reach this adventourous goal.