Why I write for Odyssey

Here's Why I Write For Odyssey And Why You Should Too

It's cool to speak up for yourself and voice your own opinion. I do it and you should too.

7

For roughly six months now, I have been actively writing for the ISU Chapter of Odyssey Online. When I applied to become a part of the ODY community at ISU, I wasn't sure to expect. However, never did I imagine that I would form the relationships that I have, gained confidence in both myself and my writing, and have the opportunity to share my love for ODY and different topics with so many college students.

I decided to write for Odyssey because I always turned to the website when I needed a word of advice, a quick laugh, or a piece of relatable content, the creators could always provide. I enjoy reading different ODY articles and wanted to contribute to the platform that helped me through so many hardships in relationships, college, work, etc. I too wanted to create relatable content that would help others through whatever they may be experiencing.

When I started to write articles, I would have a couple of page views here and there. Never did I think any of my articles would reach over 4,000+ page views and still be going strong. So for that, thank you! I love to write for Odyssey because as a young, 20-year-old woman from a small, rural town consisting mostly of cornfields, my voice and my opinions are heard worldwide. I am able to get what I believe needs to be said in such an easy but powerful way. For example, through the use of Odyssey I have been able to explain what exactly I study in college is to others, express my strong views on the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise, and give my family and friends the recognition and thank you that they deserve for playing such a major role in my life.

My opinion has been heard, which is HUGE. Without the use of Odyssey, I wouldn't be able to hold such a strong presence in who I am today. I am now more confident in myself, my writing and speaking in what I truly believe in such as all voices and opinions matter, despite our differences in religion, politics, morals, etc.

Without a voice, change isn't possible. Use your voice. It was given to you for a reason.

Aside from allowing me to express myself through my writing, Odyssey also provided me with the great opportunity to be apart of an even greater e-board. Without Odyssey, I wouldn't have the relationships that I've gained, my e-board position, or the opportunity for my voice to be heard by thousands.

And that is exactly why I do and you should too write for Odyssey because your voice is just as important as mine and every other Odyssey creator out there.