10 Reasons I Know I Found The Right One

10 Reasons I Know I Found The Right One

Yes you can be engaged in college

73

Before I begin, I would like to preface with saying that everyone is different and finds the "right one" at different times in each person's lives. For me, I was lucky enough to find the person I had always been looking for before I turned 24.

Through our happiness and hardships, I can say with 100% certainty that my fiance is the person that I was meant to end up with. Though your reasons for loving and living with someone may be completely different from mine, these reasons are the ones I hold dearest to my heart.

1. He values and respects me. 

I don't know if I am the only one who feels like this, but it's not every day you come by a man who not only respects you as a human being but also values your beliefs and opinions, especially when you are in your 20's.

On our first date, he opened his car door for me. I even remember telling him how much of a gentleman he was after doing that and his response was, "wait, really?".

And from that day on, I can't remember a time where he hasn't opened a door for me. He also encourages my beliefs, whether he believes in them or not. He is okay with the fact that I am more spiritual than religious. It is very refreshing to not have religion shoved down your throat as if you are doing life wrong.

2. He constantly encourages me to follow my dreams and goals.

It was almost 4 months ago where I quit my internship because it was negatively affecting my mental health. It was a corporate environment, and it took me less than a month to figure out that it was definitely not what I wanted. This internship was worth college credit that would have completed my degree plan to where I could graduate.

I left work crying and when I got home, I wasn't able to stop talking about how much I hated what I was doing. After I told my fiance that I wanted to quit, but wasn't sure we could live without a second income, he totally me to do it and we would make things work.

To this day, I am still grateful I did not stay at that internship, especially since the day after I quit, I received a call asking me to come interview at a non-profit that I was super passionate about.

3. The hard times have brought us unbelievably closer.

I can't even begin to count the number of hardships that we have dealt with together. From crazy exes to losing dogs to the struggle of purchasing a home...we have dealt with it all. If the first year of marriage is the hardest, then we are well prepared for it. I am truly grateful for all the hardships we have faced together.

They have shown us who we are as people and have allowed us to grow together. Without these difficult instances in life, I don't think our relationship would have strengthened as quickly as it did.

4. We ordered the same dish on our second date because it was both of our favorite.

If you live in Springfield, MO and you haven't ordered "The Greek" at Bambinos, then you are doing life wrong. This dish is both of our favorites and we didn't know it until the waitress took our order.

Not only did he allow me to order first, but we also ordered the same thing. Obviously, this isn't a groundbreaking reason, however, it was just a coincidence that made me smile and I still think about to this day.

5. I'm constantly bragging about him.

He is constantly doing things that leave me in awe and wanting to just tell the world how amazing he is. We recently bought a 100-year-old farmhouse and it ended up becoming a complete fixer-upper, where I got to channel my inner Joanna Gaines. This guy let me choose everything I wanted so that he could give me my dream home.

Once we had all the materials we needed, it seemed like he effortlessly put it all together to make us a home. I find myself constantly bragging about how I got so lucky to have found a man that is a hard worker, kind and gentle, and determined.

6. He is the most humble person I have ever met.

My future husband (omg!) never brags about his accomplishments or achievements...which is why he has me to do it for him. I have especially noticed it through our home's renovation process.

He has pretty much flipped this house in less than a month's time and I don't think I have ever heard him talking about everything's he has accomplished.

In addition to our large home project, he also helps raise cattle with his dad, works 40 hour weeks and still makes time to make me feel like the most special girl in the world.

7. He tells me I'm beautiful even when I'm feeling ugly.

Okay, ladies, let's be real. We all have those days where we look in the mirror, no matter how confident we are, and notice every single flaw on our face, every split end, the crookedness of your teeth, and so on. It happens.

Even on these days, he comes home and says "you look so pretty today". When I am unsure of myself, he reassures me and reminds me of the confident and independent woman I am.

8. When you know, you know.

When I met my fiance, our eyes locked together and I just had this feeling in my heart and tummy that this was going to be something really special. Awhile after, I talked to him about how I knew that night, and he told me that he knew then too.

9. We don't argue...we discuss. 

We have never had a serious argument. Like every couple, we bicker sometimes, but that is easy to laugh off. When we get upset at one another, or one of us has done something that the other does not appreciate, instead of participating in a screaming match, we sit down and make eye contact, while calmly discussing how the specific situation made us feel. In every relationship, communication is key, but effective communication is essential.

10. Every day is a new adventure with him. 

My favorite adventure to date would be the day that we saved a calf that I had found on his family's land while riding around on the 4-wheeler. It didn't belong to them and it was away from its mother and needed milk.

After hanging out and becoming friends with the baby cow, he put the calf on his shoulders and walked it to the neighbor's pasture where its mother was. Easily the best day of my life. I got to pet and love on a baby cow and I got to see my fiance in action.