What It's Like Planning A Wedding In College

Planning A Wedding In College Has Been The Most Stressful And Exciting Time Of My Life

Yes, it can be extremely stressful, but these are once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

73

College is known as a stressful time for most people. Between deciding on a major and taking the dreaded math courses it can cause a person to question their sanity. Wedding planning is also known for its stress-inducing nature. Budgeting, picking out colors, and choosing the perfect dress is all one hectic ride.

Now, picture both of these factors colliding together to create the ultimate emotional rollercoaster that I am so thankful to be on.

When I was a junior in college, my best friend and love of my life asked me to marry him. Of course, I was beyond thrilled, but we made a deal to wait until I graduated to get married, so I put the excitement of planning our big day on hold until closer to time. Well, now I am a Senior approaching the last semester in my college adventure and its time to start planning our wedding.

Between searching for the perfect internship and the perfect venue I have experienced a vast array of emotion. I feel constantly stressed, but at the same time euphoric. Often I feel that I should I pinch myself to see if this is real. I've worked so hard for my degree and I have faced so many obstacles, but the man I am going to marry has been with me through it all and it makes it that much sweeter.

Through the worrying over midterms, finals, and research papers, to obsessing over the bridesmaid dress colors, I just have to keep reminding myself that this is such a wonderful time in my life. Finishing up a degree I have worked so hard for and planning the most special day for me and the one I love is something I should find joy in daily. Yes, it can be extremely stressful, but these are once-in-a-lifetime experiences that I should enjoy every second of.

I am grateful to get to experience the stress of graduating from an excellent university and planning a wedding with my better half.