What Zodiac Signs Make A Good Couple?

Overall compatibility with your partner is a must when it comes to romantic relationships. Lasting love happens when you are seen, appreciated, and understood by your partner. It also happens when you accept your partner as a complex individual and are inspired by both their strengths and weaknesses.

Even though most people know that they should find someone they can exist with in harmony, actually discovering who is well-suited for you isn't as easy as it sounds. Thankfully, the stars might be able to provide some guidance.

1. Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)

Aquariuses put their freedom and independence above all else. An honest person who values integrity will be a good match for the air sign.

An Aquarius needs a person who allows them to explore independently or travel solo. They also should seek someone who stimulates them intellectually and supports them in their creative and philanthropic pursuits.

2. Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

Pisces are known for their creativity and sensitivity. They are willing to help others and love to give back. In relationships, they should remember not to take things too personally.

A Pisces craves a deep connection with their partner. Their biggest challenge is being assertive and asking their partner directly for what they need, rather than getting quiet or passive-aggressive when things aren't going well. Remember, just because you feel your emotions so intensely doesn't mean your partner knows you're hurt. It's important to keep the lines of communication open.

A Pisces would do well with someone who is a good listener, understanding, and who can appreciate their creativity and intuition.

3. Aries (March 21 - April 19)

Aries are known for their fiery energy, impulsivity, and insatiable desire to be the best. They need a partner that can keep up with their high energy.

Aries craves adventure and excitement in relationships as well. Aries needs someone who can help them ignite their passions and creative energy.

If their partner's universe doesn't include a starring role for this fire sign, there's simply no point in being together. However, they're not into being suffocated or controlled. They need someone who can help them maintain their sense of self.

4. Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

Taurus — represented by the bull — has a reputation for being hard-headed and stubborn. They need a loyal partner that can handle their stubborn nature. In love, partners must be patient as bulls won't let anyone see their inner life, and they may seem a little standoffish until they trust you.

Sometimes, the Taurus's helpful nature means they get taken advantage of. They deserve a partner who can help them re-focus and remember to be passionate about their own life, too. Taurus loves the idea of being with someone whom they can trust and depend on in all aspects of their lives.

5. Gemini (May 21 - June 20)

Geminis need someone who can keep up with them; a partner who understands their two-sided nature. Since this sign rules communication, Geminis also need someone who loves to talk and can hold their own in a debate.

They need constant stimulation through communication and daily adventures and would flourish with someone who helps them expand their horizons and shares the air sign's adventurous spirit.

Gemini also does pretty well with other Geminis, because they're able to handle each other in ways that other signs may not be able to.

6. Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

Cancers are sensitive water signs that need to establish trust and loyalty before being vulnerable with their partner. Cancers in love value feelings above anything else. They should have partners who can understand their unspoken signals. They should look for someone who offers stability and lots of reassurance.

Cancers are attracted to those with a combination of toughness and tenderness; a steady partner who is both loyal and sympathetic. Communication and conversation are what really allow this sign's bonds to thrive.

7. Leo (July 23 - August 22)

Loving Leos are generous and passionate with their partner. Ruled by the sun, Leos shine most brightly when matched a partner that is self-aware and on the same intellectual level as them.

Leos should set their sights on a loving, mutual, respectful relationship that's based on equality and true support.

8. Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

Ruled by Mercury, Virgos are always processing information. These signs feel most grounded and stable when paired with someone who values practicality just as much as they do.

Virgos would benefit from someone who can help them embrace the spontaneity of life and not get so caught up in the details.

9. Libra (September 23 - October 22)

Libras are cooperative and fair, however, they are also indecisive and avoid confrontation. Libras seek balance and harmony with their partners. They need someone who's open-minded and can match their intellectual pursuits. They should pursue a harmonious, equal relationship with a partner who balances them out and needs them just as much as they need him/her.

Libra's partner has to be understanding if this sign seems to pull back. They should allow Libra the time and space to explore partnership on his or her own terms.

10. Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)

Scorpio is one of the fiercest signs of the zodiac. They need someone who can help them manifest their goals and follow their passions with relentless dedication.

Scorpios also need a partner who gives them a safe and judgment-free zone to explore their own emotions. You're complicated, Scorpio, but the right partner can help you understand all those tumultuous feelings inside.

11. Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)

Sags are the zodiac's free spirit. They need a partner they can have fun and experience life with. Sagittariuses should find someone who can keep up with their endless quest for adventure. They need a partner with enough vision to encourage them, but one who's still grounded enough to reassure them when challenges arise.

Some romantic partners may be frustrated by their cool logic as they need a partner who can separate emotions from needs. Sagittarius expects their partner to continue to learn and grow throughout their lives.

12. Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)

Capricorns don't like to waste time — both the time of others and especially their own time. Ambitious Capricorns work hard and need someone with similar goals and aspirations.

They also need someone who is willing to shower them with love and wine & dine them. A Capricorn is in it for the long haul and deserves someone who puts in the same effort.

Of course, the most accurate assessment will come from the lived experience the universe provides you. And remember: All relationships require dedication, mutual respect, and trust.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.