z
z
marada / Flickr

a.) Expect to start over. This is such a different lifestyle, but a beneficial type of different!

• The biggest lesson I have learned thus far is the importance of embracing your new identity as a relatively unknown person. This was and still is extremely difficult for me. I went from attending a high school where I was extremely "popular" and knew almost every person I saw. Even as I lived life outside of
  • school, I was always going to a destination with people I knew and usually to be around more people I know. Meeting new people was a rarity. Then I got back-slapped in the face as college abruptly arrived. My parents stayed for a few days, but once they left I was immediately surrounded by 25,000 people- absolutely zero of which I knew well, and only a handful of which I had ever met. I'm not going to lie, it frightened me. This identity I had in being liked and receiving attention was suddenly swept away as I became just another drop of water in the vast ocean. While stepping out of my comfort zone was not always the most enjoyable, the growth drastically outweighed the risk. My eyes were so blinded to my false identity, and I'm so thankful God revealed my lack of control and his totality of it. This transition was Him telling me that it's time to step out of my comfort zone, to grow, to chip away at my reserved personality and to expand my horizons to the thousands of new people around me. Don't miss this opportunity. Consider this quarantine time a chance to begin brainstorming the ways in which you can break the boundaries of comfort and routine that you've confined yourself to.