11 Things To Try When Life Tears You Down

Whether you've tried everything else or just looking for something new to do, this is for you.

197
Amanda Veerkamp

Let's face it. There are a million things that you have to do, and a million projects you have to complete. You have work, school, studying, and so many extracurricular activities you want to participate in. But you're bored, probably stressed, and looking for something to do. Well, here's your list of activities you can do to get you out of your funk and into the world. Who doesn't need a little adventure?

1. Go for a walk

I know this sounds really stupid. If you have a lot on your mind, then make a short trip. Walk around your local park, down the street, or on the treadmill at the gym to ease your head. It's literally great for anything. Go take some pictures, blast your favorite music, or just simply take the time to think things out. Walking is in my top ten to help me get out of the blues!

2. Go downtown

I live in a college town, and sometimes what I to do to clear my head is some hardcore window shopping or just take in the different scenes of the town. Sometimes all it takes to cure frustration or a foggy head is to surround yourself with a whole different scene. You don't want to stay in the same place all day - it will drive you crazy! City life is something that makes me feel refreshed and adventurous. So why not put a little adventure in your day?

3. Try a different food/drink

Make life interesting. Maybe go to your favorite restaurant but try something different on the menu, or go to a coffee shop and get a new drink. Make a trip out of it. Try this with friends to make it more fun, or go solo for the experience. You'd be surprised- most of the time you'll like something you thought would be pretty gross.

4. Try a different hobby

Start to learn an instrument, or take an art class. Look up how to build something. Paint or do something that takes time and cool you down. Maybe one of those adult coloring books with cool designs, or maybe take up working out. Always look up some tutorials if you've never tried this new hobby! When you make a plan to do try something new, it helps you focus on that one thing! It's always fun to take up something new and bold!

5. Hang out with friends

It's always a great thing to go hang with your friends. Meet up for lunch, or go on a trip to a trampoline park. Go to the movies or chill at someone's house to study or binge a show on Netflix. Make time to be with your friends, because they can help melt away stress and cure your boredom.

6. Write

Writing. Sounds like homework, doesn't it? Well, it doesn't have to be. Writing is a great way to take your emotions and make it constructive. It helps you focus better and maintain a healthy mindset. Write about feelings, what you have to do within the next week, or simply sketch out what you're thinking. Maybe even write some sort of goal list or ideas that you have on a project to get it all that information out of your head.

7. Do something familiar

When you're feeling blue and not yourself, the best way to make you feel better is to do something you like. Maybe go outside and shoot some hoops, or play with your pet. Obviously, don't get too distracted, but find something to do that you've always loved doing and do that thing to make you feel better again.Familiarity cures anything!

8. Take a trip down memory lane

It's funny, I did this a few weeks ago and it totally worked. I just slid through my old Facebook albums and kind of laughed at my prepubescent self. It was something I hadn't done in a while, and it made me reflect on who I was and I saw my growth. Memory lane is a great place if you only want to escape from a minute or two.

9. Make/Revise your bucket list

Making a bucket list is hard. You can make any kind of bucket list you want- seasonal, something to do on vacation or a long weekend. Writing a bucket list really helps you escape from the troubles of real life. If you haven't made one yet- just write down everything you want to do at any point in time in your life. If you have made one, it was probably when you were thirteen and experiencing Wanderlust for the first time. Rewrite your dreams and wishes and hang on to that list; it might come in handy one day.

10. Organize

Nothing is better than an organized space for an organized mindset. Rearrange your space to create a new outlook and new scene to make your life a bit more interesting. Your room might have been in the same layout since you were in elementary school, or maybe from a few days ago. Making your surroundings new gives you a fresh, new start on something familiar. Make it your own, and make it how you want it. It's your space, after all!

11. Exercise

Getting out of your bed after a long day of studying on it is really hard, but you're so stressed and need a break. So, do some sit-ups. Maybe go run around the block, or do some jumping jacks. If you're athletic, then incorporate a scheduled workout time into your studying. It'll make you feel like you worked out all your stress and will make you get ready for the day by focusing and letting out all the extra energy.

If you have anything else to add to help out all these lost people, add to the comments below.