You're Not Unlovable, You're Desperate

You're Not Unlovable, You're Desperate

Just a fellow single lady's perspective on the over-dramatic-female mindset

50
You're Not Unlovable, You're Desperate
Stereogum

Okay, girls, it is time to get things straight. It is time to stop sulking and feeling down on yourself because of yet another failed attempt at a relationship. Or you know what, maybe it wasn't an attempt. Maybe you just had a failed relationship. Either way, all of this why-doesn't-anyone-love-me bullshit has got to stop. So let's start with the problem. You're not unlikable, or unlovable. You are desperate. You want so badly for someone to want you and to need you that you go to unreasonable measures to attract the attention of some boy. Actually not just "some boy" but any boy that is willing to give you attention. This is your problem.

Let me clue you in, if getting a guys attention is stressing you out. He isn't worth it. If you're passed getting his attention and now you're stuck wondering what his intentions are, because they aren't clear. It is not worth it. If you find yourself spending time trying to decode what his tweets mean or wondering why he opened your snap but didn't reply. It is not worth it. If you're making excuses for his actions. It is not worth it. If you find yourself retweeting things that you hope he will see. First of all, just don't, because it is NOT worth it.

Honestly, not only is it not worth it. You are only hurting yourself. If you have to try that hard more than likely you're wasting your time because this boy does not want to be with you. Now, what I need you to realize, is that it is not your fault. It isn't because you're not good enough. It isn't because you didn't try hard enough. No amount of calls, texts, subtweets, or social media stalking is going to make him want you. A boy that does not want to be cuffed, will not be cuffed. You cannot change someone and you cannot make them want things that they do not want. That does not mean that there is anything wrong with you, it means it is not the right boy and it is not the right time. Pick yourself up, because you are not broken. Put on a really cute outfit, not because you're trying to impress anybody, but because it makes you feel good about yourself. Enjoy being single, you're not as lonely as you think you are.

I do want to add, however, that yes once you do find the right boy it will require some effort. But it will not bring you stress and it will be second nature to you. You won't feel like you're doing something wrong. His intentions will be clear. You will know where you stand without having to question yourself. It will just happen, naturally, and until it does all of the dramatics need to stop. Because if there is one this I need you to take away from this: it is not worth it.