If You Struggle With Love, Here Are 3 Ways To Unblock Your Heart Chakra

Three simple ways to unblock your heart chakra.

10

Chakra is the term used to describe the seven energies in your body. The seven chakras are root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third-eye, and crown. When a chakra is "blocked" in your body it can affect you in many ways. Now while not everyone has the same chakra's blocked or unblocked, when I talked to some of my girlfriends I realized that most of us had our heart chakra's blocked. This is how to tell if your heart chakra is blocked and what to do about it.

If you are holding onto grudges, your heart chakra is probably blocked. Holding onto grudges prevents you from moving on in your life and enjoying it.

You have trust issues, even if you shouldn't. Yes, everyone who has been in a relationship has experienced trust issues for a number of reasons, and most of them are completely justified. But when your trust issues are unprecedented, then it may be because your heart chakra blocked.

You feel anxious when you think about relationships both present and past.

You are emotionally dependent on someone for YOUR happiness. Remember happiness comes from yourself and no one else.

You either keep your emotions bottled up or you can't reign them in.

Here are 3 ways to heal:

Meditation 

On youtube, you can search up a ton of guided meditation to help you with your heart chakra. But if you prefer to go solo on this endeavor, there are two techniques you can use while meditating. The first is mediating and repeating affirmations to unblock your chakra. While you can totally tailor these affirmations to your liking, here are the ones I typically use:

"I wholeheartedly love myself"

"There are people in my life who love me, and I am ready to accept that."

"I will not allow the past to hold me back from feeling loved."

"I am and always will be worthy of love."

The other meditation may sound a bit odd, but hey, sometimes the oddest things are the ones that work the best! First, you should know that a mantra is a word or sounds you repeat while meditating. The word "YAM" is associated with the heart chakra and is also the mantra used to unblock the heart chakra. Try repeating this while meditating and see where it gets you!

Yoga

Yoga is not only great for your body physically but also great for you spiritually. There are a ton of yoga videos on YouTube that help you open u your heart chakra. Down below are my three favorites!

Yoga With Adriene

Allie- The Journey Junkie

BretLarkinYoga

Incorporate more green into your life 

Now I know this sound out there, but each chakra is connected to a color. The heart chakra is associated with the color green. Start by trying to incorporate more green foods into your diet. Not only will this help you open up your heart chakra, but green foods are usually healthy and great for your body. One of my favorite ways to incorporate more green into my life to open up my heart chakra is having a green drink during the day. And if I need something more substantial than a green juice, I'll have a salad or a granny smith apple. Also, don't be afraid to wear more green as well. And, if you're not into wearing green, like me, put cute little green plants around your room. I find baby cactuses the cutest.