If You're Not Going to Love All of Me, Then Don't Love Me At All

Life is too short to be half-loved.

259
Unsplash

I come with baggage, you come with baggage, we all come with some type of baggage.

I come with stories from my past and I come with bruises and scars from those memories. I come with moments where I try my best to pretend I’m fine, even when it hurts. I come with nervousness and a little bit of hesitation. I come with preconceived notions of how I expect things to go and sometimes think the worst. I come with regret and with expectations that I’m learning to let go of.

I come to you like a puzzle with all of my pieces as a collection that just makes up a whole.

I'm not perfect and I'm not looking for perfection either. I am not looking for someone who will take every bit of who I am and love me unconditionally. All of us are human, we are imperfect, we are just individuals that are trying their best. And I know it can be hard to love someone with a messy past, but if you're not going to believe in me, then you're wasting your time and energy.

If you’re not going to place your passion in your hands and openly share it with me and show it to me; if you’re not going to put aside every doubt you've had and just let things go; if you’re not going to love all the aspects that make me who I am, even when it’s hard, even when it’s messy, then don't try and pretend that there's any hope in us.

If you’re not going to love me when I’m sad, when I’m tired, when I’m quiet, when I’m loud, if you’re not going to accept my imperfections the way I accept yours, if you’re not going to fight with me and for me, fight to make things work, then don't even bother trying to get closer.

I don't expect perfection from anyone and I don't expect anyone to think I'm perfect, but I do expect someone who believes in me and I expect someone to love the entirety of me.

Love is far too beautiful to be wasted on something that doesn’t spark the feeling that it should, the feeling of warmth and safety. If you're not going to take risks and chances, there's no point. If you’re not going to love me when I mess up, or even when you mess up; if you’re not going to share everything about yourself, take on the world with me; then please kindly leave.

I’m looking for someone who will push forward with me even when things get hard and life gets tough. I’m looking for someone who knows everyone if flawed, but it doesn't matter because we could conquer all if we decide to trust, believe, and move forward with an open heart and open mind.

But if that isn’t you, please go.

Because life is too short to be half-loved.

You can't only love bits and pieces of me and expect things to be okay.

And I am unwilling to settle for anything less than all.