Your Relationship Can Easily Be A Fairytale

Your relationship can be a fairytale if you make it be.

165
Macey Kate Markovich

The missing shoe. The true love's kiss. The Happily Ever After. They told me it doesn't exist. They told me it only happens in the movies. They were wrong.

If you're like me, a reader, a watcher of movies, my expectations come high (my boyfriend is fully aware). This does not come from thinking I'm princess (I'm apparently everything but) or being raised like one (because I was most definitely not). This idea comes from the stories I've gushed over and the movies I've cried at. I grew up in a generation of where Edward would do anything and everything for Bella, where Leonardo DiCraprio would stay in freezing cold waters to die while Rose somewhat warmly floated on a piece wood and lived (let's be honest though, they both could've lived, there was plenty of room), and where princesses saved themselves and also got the prince as a bonus. I do not blame the authors, I blame Hollywood for making it look so easy. But why is it crazy to think you can't even have these fairytales?

Sure our significant others aren't vampires that sparkle but that doesn't mean we have to watch Netflix every night.

1.Take adventures

In every fairytale or story you may read, there is always an adventure that takes place. Sometime the adventure happens planned by one and not the other, or both. Adventures are something that should happen in a relationship. Whether this adventure is to your local lake or a place hundreds of miles away, it creates one thing that you both should always have together, memories.

2. Surprise one another unexpectedly

It may be cheesy, but who doesn't love a surprise here and there? If you've seen the new Cinderella like I have, you were just as surprised as me when the prince was hidden in with his guards. By having these unexpected moments occur, it changes up the regular routine. Whether it happens by a surprise pizza or little love letters hidden around their room, surprises make your significant other appreciate what you have even more.

3. Get all dressed up and go out on a date night

I've never seen a single Princess dressed in rags when she went out with her Prince, so should you? Of course when you're running out to your local pizzeria at midnight, you're wearing the sweats and t-shirt, but what about the times when you go out and have a nice sit down meal? To make the night feel special, throw on a dress and a nice sweater for him and go out and have dinner. It does not have to be an anniversary or a special occasion but just a night out on the two for the you, because face it, you're both royalty in each other's eyes

4. Do the seasonal things

The holidays are the best times for relationships. Since there is so many of them, major and not, there is countless opportunities. In the fall, go pick Cinderella's carriage. In the winter, build the Frozen's Olaf and sip the hot coco. In the spring, go for the warm walks and kiss in the rain. In the summer, go swimming, lay under the stars together and eat ice cream until you're both sick. I swear, the seasonal things were made for couples to spend time together, laugh at each other and love one another.

5. Take the cheesy but romantic pictures

Pictures are a couple's time turner. They capture the moments you have shared together and then have passed. Most importantly, they invent the idea of "goals". Let's all be honest for a moment, we have all seen photos of couples with the cutest pictures and just thought, "RELATIONSHIP GOALS!" By taking the cheesy but romantic picture, you can makes your relationship "goals". Sadly, your boyfriend doesn't sparkle like Edward (unless you put your highlighter on him) but you can come pretty close to what that love story had. Your couple's picture will never be basic or copied, they are purely original.

Go on the planned or spare of the moment adventures, show the other they're always on your mind with a simple surprise, use that free night for a fancy date and take picture after picture of each other. Use these ideas to make your relationship a real life fairytale. Most importantly remember, they lived happily ever after.