Your Other Option This November
Politics

Your Other Option This November

Donald and Hillary aren't your only options

2
Your Other Option This November
Johnson Weld

The election season is just right around the corner. As you're probably aware, the Republican candidate is Donald J. Trump and the Democratic candidate is Hillary Rodham Clinton. As the election gets closer, there seems to be more talk of a third candidate named Gary Johnson and his running mate, Bill Weld.

Gary Johnson is the libertarian candidate, along with Jill Stein, that will be on all of the ballots in every state this November. Gary Johnson has been becoming more well known, the more that the main candidates are becoming increasingly less liked among their parties. More people are searching for other options this election season, than ever.

This November it's important to go to the voting polls educated on all possible candidates. Since Gary Johnson isn't as talked about in the mainstream media, it's also important to do some research on his policies, as you may agree with him more than the two other party candidates. In case you haven't heard much about Johnson and Weld, here's a little information to get you started.

Gary Johnson was the governor of New Mexico from 1995 until 2003 and he served in that position under the Republican party. A huge accomplishment of Johnson's would be that he cut taxes 14 times and never raised them. He also balanced New Mexico's budget and cut unnecessary spending and then left New Mexico with a billion-dollar surplus at the end of his second term.

Gary Johnson and his running mate, Bill Weld, have a huge platform that I believe could have a huge impact on the United States. His platform contains issues on taxes, immigration, our veterans, and the war on drugs.

Taxes have been a huge debate this year. Bernie Sanders wanted to raise taxes and everyone seemingly lost their minds over the thought. Gary Johnson wants to remove taxes on income and pretty much just tax your spending. The more you spend, the more you pay. Johnson would also to have a tax reform that gets rid of special loopholes for big businesses. He believes that they should pay taxes just like you and me.

Johnson believes that immigration policies should be more efficient. Johnson and Weld want to have incentives for non-citizens so they are more likely to pay their taxes. They would also like to make it easier to conduct background checks and to obtain proof of employment.

Johnson also believes that we should support our veterans. Johnson believes that the United States shouldn't be using its military for things unrelated to the country. He wants to stop sending troops to unnecessary places and have them only defend and protect the United States. Johnson would also like to reform the VA and make sure that no veterans are turned away no matter what their need is, as he believes that they deserve the best care available. Johnson wants to make sure that the GI Bill is actually executed and wants to make sure that veterans have the best experience possible with re-entering civilian life.

Another huge concern Johnson and Weld have is the war on drugs. They believe that marijuana should be legalized and regulated as it would reduce crime and even have a positive impact on our economy. Johnson and Weld want to remove marijuana's title as a Schedule I drug so states can legalize it if they please, and so that medical testing can be done. They also believe that drug abuse should be treated as a health issue and not a crime. The United States spends too much money policing drugs and then incarcerating drug abusers, which then ends up ruining their lives even more. Johnson and Weld want to put people back on the right track in life. Johnson and Weld are not supporters of legalizing other currently illegal drugs.

Johnson and Weld may not have their names plastered all over the media like Trump or Hillary, but they are still very legitimate candidates and may be even that "other option" you're looking for. Just remember to do research for this very important election. Also, don't forget to register to vote and head out there on November 8th!

For more information and their more extensive list of issues, head over to www.johnsonweld.com