You'll get there soon

You'll get there soon

You hear people say things like, "everyday is a new day." I know deep down that seems pretty minuscule to think we can just pick up and start everything over just because it's a new day.

But maybe they're right...

70

You hear people say things like, "everyday is a new day." I know deep down that seems pretty minuscule to think we can just pick up and start everything over just because it's a new day. But overtime this idea of starting each day and learning to live in the present has started to stick with me.

Lately I've found myself stressing out to the max about school, work, and money. How am I going to pay for school? Am I even going to get a job out of college? Did I choose the right career path? It's not just me that thinks like this. Recent college grads all the way up to grown adults are still questioning whether they're fulfilling their dreams in life. That's until I stumbled across a quote on Pinterest by one of my favorite authors that read:

"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Punch Today In The Face.Johnson Wang

This really resonated with me because of how much it can relate to almost all of our lives. If you or someone you know is finding themselves second guessing their life or who they want to be, show them this quote. In my case, a lot of my friends who recently graduated or are still in college are finding it extremely hard to find jobs. They're second guessing themselves wondering if they just wasted four years of their lives on a degree they don't want anymore. The chances of knowing exactly what you want to do and getting there by age 22 is slim to none. For those of you reading this just know there's going to be countless detours you have to take first before you can even consider yourself close. Instead of spending your time worrying about where you're gonna end up, stop. Focus on where you are now.

We're taking our own paths to reach our goals. Some of us just happen to take longer routes. Whenever someone or something gets in our way and makes us take a step back, look around for a minute. By that I mean, stop worrying about what's going to happen next. Start worrying about what's happening now. I find myself lost in this inbetween state quite a lot. Once you can overcome whatever obstacle you are faced with, you'll feel less overwhelmed when another one is thrown at you. Instead just let it hit you. Allow it to be a learning opportunity or even a way to fuel your drive even more. Sooner or later we all end up where we are supposed to be doing what were supposed to be doing.