You Will Be Okay

You Will Be Okay

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." -John Lennon

19
You Will Be Okay
Google

In life, you will go through many challenges. Many will end in success, and some, unfortunately, will end in failure. There will be people in the background telling you that you can’t do something, and sometimes, that’s what you will tell yourself. There will be days when you wake up in the morning and feel on top of the world, and other days when you are convinced you can’t do it. No matter what the circumstances are, I’m here to tell you that you will succeed.

You’ll change your mind about things over a thousand times, and wish that you would have stuck with the first decision. You’ll choose the letter A on the test, but change it to C because you chose too many A’s in a row, just to find out you were right to begin with. You’ll decide not to go to that party this weekend, and wish later on that you did. You’ll meet someone and not click with them, and feel guilty that you didn’t try harder to make the relationship go farther. Your relationships with certain people won’t go the way you want to, and you will be heartbroken. You’ll move on from something because it didn’t feel right for you, to wonder later on if that was where you were actually meant to be.

Through these many challenges, you will start to question why these failures happen. You’ll question if things will ever be right, or if you will ever be okay. You’ll wonder if you’ll make it in life, or if you’ll make something of yourself in the end. You’ll question your worth, and you will sometimes give in to the things people say to you or about you. Sometimes you will give in to temptation, and you will regret it later. You’ll wonder if the pain stops, or if you just learn to deal with it. You may be confused and hurting now, but I promise you, your happiness will come.

You will start to realize that sometimes it’s okay to not wake up on top of the world. Your broken heart will mend, and you will become happy again. You will look at the person you loved with someone else, and actually be happy for them. You will realize one day that your gut instinct is usually the right way to go. You will hear the harsh words of other people’s criticism as inspiration to do things for yourself. You will succeed in your life just to show those critics that you are worth something. You will realize that those critics actually mean nothing at all, and start to do things for yourself.

You’ll look back on those times that you wished you stuck with the original decision, and realize that if you wouldn't have changed your mind, you wouldn’t have met the love of your life. If you wouldn’t have failed and tried doing something else, you would have never met your best friend. If you wouldn’t have let yourself out of your comfort zone, you wouldn’t have found your passion for writing, painting, making music, created a new fashion trend for yourself, or discovered your new favorite food. Those regretful decisions you made, sometimes end up becoming the biggest blessings of your life.

Things may not feel right at the time, but they will always end up the way you need them to. You may not know how to deal with things, but you will eventually learn, and notice how strong you really are. Life throws challenges at us every day, and it is up to us to make them worth something. You will come to discover that if you don’t like something, you actually can change it. You will realize that once you set your mind to something, you can actually do it. Whether you start doing something for your significant other, a parent, a family member, or a friend, you will also end up doing it for yourself.

It may not be easy to start, but it will certainly be worth it in the end.