You Know You're A Future Teacher When...

This goes out to all of the future teachers!

5
Pixabay.com

Education majors get a bad wrap when it comes to their future endeavors. Future teachers are always ridiculed because they will not have a lot of money, but we are not in it for the money.

1. When people say, “you're going to be a teacher! They don't make a lot of money!”

Well duh! We aren't in this profession for the money. We are in it because we want to do it

2. When you are excited about back to school season!

The back to school sales are the best time of the year. Not to mention all the new prospective students you will one day teach that are starting school.

3. When you are excited to buy teacher clothes

Teacher clothes. The dress clothes you will wear for your internships and lab experiences! I hate clothes shopping but when it comes to teacher clothes I get excited!

4. When you love helping younger people.

Everyone who is younger could use some help in any area of their life.

5. When you tutor others in your area of interest

If you are like me and are interested in English, all of your friends ask for help in English. They all ask for you to edit their papers for them, and you do it with great pleasure.

6. When you are a child at heart!

I still love Disney Channel and anything that is related to being a child. I collect bouncy balls with one of my friends and will keep them on my future desk!

7. When you enjoy grading papers!

I have always enjoyed grading essays and tests. Throughout high school, my teachers would have me grade tests for them and I loved it!

8. When your high school can't get rid of you!

I have been back to my old high school more times then I can count since I graduated two years ago!

9. When you are friends with your old teachers on Facebook!

Most of my teachers from high school are my friends on Facebook, and I love seeing how they are and getting advice from them about the teaching profession!

10. Lesson plans are the bane of your existence!

Usually you start these your sophomore or junior year, but at my school we started lesson plans freshman year and I already despise them!