Don't Ask About The Boys In My Life When You Chose To Get Back With Your Ex

You made your choice, so don’t ask about mine.

599

You know how the saying goes; you can’t have your cake and eat it, too. Well, I guess maybe you did. For a few weeks at least.

A while ago, I asked you if you’d broken up with your girlfriend. I asked you three times, and you reassured me each time that you were done with her.

And now, here we are, three months later. You’re secretly back together with your girlfriend, thinking I’m naïve enough to believe you’re not seeing her again. Or perhaps you never broke up in the first place. Regardless, your first and biggest mistake was thinking I wouldn’t eventually find out, even though we don’t run the same social circles.

Of all people, I’m probably one of the most understanding when it comes to the difficulty of moving on from someone you’ve invested a year in, and also the almost inevitable act of getting back together with that person at least once. I know why you did it, and I don’t fault you for that. I only wish you were less selfish and had the decency to let me go.

You chose her. So what I don’t understand is why you care about who I associate myself with, or why you get defensive or jealous when someone else shows interest in me.

You made your decision, so I don’t owe you any explanations about mine.

In fact, you once told me you don't like it when I talk about the boys in my life. So why do you care so much now, when you don’t even have the right? As long as you are with her, you can’t also lay a claim on me.

Greed does not suit anyone — especially not a horny college boy.