13 Reasons Why You Should Love Yourself

13 Reasons Why You Should Love Yourself

Understanding the importance of finding happiness within.

387
13 Reasons Why You Should Love Yourself
Photo by Michael Fenton on Unsplash

Most of us have either read the novel or watched the Netflix hit “13 Reasons Why.” It tells the unfortunate story of a young high school student, Hannah Baker, and the series of events that led to the downward spiral of her life that ultimately ended with her suicide.

Hannah makes it clear that if maybe one person would have stuck by her side, just maybe things would have been better. However, I feel that self-love is crucial to living life happily and unapologetically. If Hannah had learned to genuinely love herself first and disregard those who didn’t, maybe the outcome would have been different.

With the recent announcement of season 2 of “13 Reasons Why” I thought it was only right to encourage those who find themselves relating to Hannah Baker that it’s okay to love yourself.

Here are 13 reasons why you should find happiness within yourself.

1. You are one of one.

You are truly one of a kind. There is no one out there like you and you should take pride in your individuality and uniqueness.

2. You are beautiful.

We are all beautiful in our own ways and you are no exception. Inwardly and outwardly, your beauty does not go unnoticed.

3. Your strength

Life may have thrown you some difficult situations at some point, however, your ability to deal with these situations and come out on top is notable.

4. Your flaws

Your flaws are what make you, YOU. They give you personality and establish your originality. Embrace them.

5. Your smile

You have a smile that can illuminate a dark room. Smiling is contagious and you never know whose day you can make with a simple smile. Smile more!

6. You are smart

You are smart in your own ways. Not only academically, but you’ve learned many things throughout your life that have only made you more knowledgeable about yourself and the world around you.

7. Your personality

Your personality is what makes you so distinct. It's what draws other into you and makes them love you.

8. Your kindness

You have a kind heart and enjoy doing for others. You are a helping hand and lending ear when someone needs it. You mean more than you know to some people.

9. Your presence

Your presence alone is truly a gift to those around you. Your family and friends especially hold you near and dear to their heart.

10. Your perseverance

Regardless of the challenges and obstacles that you may face, you know how to keep going. Your ability to not give up is the key to achieving your goals.

11. You're talented

Whether you can sing, have amazing artistic abilities, or can down a pizza in under 10 minutes, you are TALENTED! We all have a niche regardless of how large or small. Own it.

12. You're courageous

]

You are not afraid to take a stand when it comes to your beliefs. This means even if it goes against the majority. Most importantly you aren’t afraid to be yourself, regardless of what others may think.

13. You're worthy

You are certainly worthy of love, even if it is from yourself. In order to accept love from others, you must first learn to love yourself.