You are a Priority, not an Afterthought

You are a Priority, not an Afterthought

Whoever said good girls finish last was horribly mistaken.

979
You are a Priority, not an Afterthought
upvenue.com

You deserve better than someone who is afraid to commit to you. It may seem like enough for now, but it's definitely not. You're listening to the excuse of the two of you are just "taking things slow," or "waiting to see what happens." Well, guess what? He's actually using you as an emotional leaning post.

You believe him, I've believed him, and women everywhere have believed him.

But you’re not an afterthought, you deserve to be a priority.

You deserve better than someone who is afraid to commit to you, or spend time with you. It may seem like enough, for now, only seeing him a couple hours each week.You’re just taking things slow. Oh, how I know those little phrases of “one day” and “we just need time.”

You believe them.
 And I’ve believed them.

But you’re NOT an afterthought.

You need to know that you're not a simple bystander waiting for him to pay attention to you. You need to know that you’re not the invisible one standing in the back who gets chosen last.

You’re the girl who the team captain will be frantically hoping doesn’t get picked by someone else before he gets a turn. You’re a first-pick kind of girl. And no one worth having sits back and lets those girls wait around.

I'm sure you've said the following excuses: “But he’s scared” “…and I’ve got commitment issues” “…and we don’t like labels.”

WHO CARES?!

Like a love sick puppy, I've made excuses for boys in the past. I've told people about dying fish, working too much, he's not ready to meet my family and friends, blah, blah, blah...

You’re not the kind of girl who needs to make excuses for him! PERIOD. No if, ands or buts, if he's into you, he'll want to spend every waking moment with you. And you'll never have to make excuses for him ever again.

Good girls don’t have to finish last.

Honey, you must be at the wrong game and with the wrong players. Because you’re not a substitute, average, or second string.

You’re a catch. You are beautiful and funny and fabulous. Rooms light up when you walk in. Heads turn when you giggle and the earth itself adores the kiss of your feet.

Stop being afraid that you are not worthy enough to be claimed. Stop thinking “I’ll take what I can get. Maybe I will be enough for him one day. Maybe he will be enough for me.”

Don’t even consider the lie that says; “I can’t set my standards too high, because if I do, I might end up alone.”

Better to be alone than taken for granted. Better to be alone than to be a placeholder.

The one that loves you isn’t afraid to say it. If he loves you, he won’t even blink because the idea of giving another man the chance to swoop in is just unacceptable.

He’ll fight and use labels or poems or the Goodyear blimp to show you that you’re just the right fit for that open place in his heart. That no other piece will do.

You should be nobody’s second choice. And if you are, then they are just that…NOBODY.

You’re not his back pocket plan, fill-in girl, or multiple choice answer. You are fierce and a force to be reckoned with and the kind of girl whose beauty calls for hand-written notes, words like “wow” and car rides to the ocean.

Take nothing else and be nothing less.

Stop waiting for the guy who isn’t sure you’re enough and respect yourself enough to wait for the one that knows you are.You need to know that you’re not the invisible one standing in the back who gets chosen last.

You’re the girl who the boy will see across the room, become enchanted by, and probably think of a million different ways to talk to you. ‘Cause every good man knows that the good ones get gone fast.

By the time he's finished thinking of something to say, he should be talking to you and mentally screaming to himself that he picks YOU.

The guy that makes you feel loved is the one you need.

He’ll fight and use labels or poems or the Goodyear blimp to show you that you’re just the right fit for that open place in his heart. He'll shout it from the rooftops and not care who hears it or knows it.

He’ll lose his pride to tell you that you make him nervous and he’ll spend his heart to find what makes you laugh. He’ll tell you that you’re worth words and flowers and promises. And you can guarantee that he will not stop until you know exactly what he feels for you.

And you’ll believe him, because you’ll see it in the way he watches you walk across a room. You won’t have to question it by analyzing a text message or deciphering the tone of an e-mail or if he liked your Instagram post or if he took the time to snap you back. Because he’ll drive over on a Tuesday just to see you smile and give you a kiss.

Never, ever forget your own self-worth.

You’re not his back pocket plan, fill-in girl, or multiple guess answer. You are fierce and a force to be reckoned with and the kind of girl whose beauty calls for hand-written notes, words like “wow” and car rides where you just talk and listen to the radio.

Take nothing else and be nothing less.

Be the kind of girl who deserves him and treats him with kindness. Who laughs at his jokes (even if they aren't funny) and thank him when he opens your door. Encourage him. Wear the kinds of dresses that make him respect you. Be the kind of girl who gasps at his surprises and hugs him for his compliments. Be worthy of the kind of man that you deserve and & the man that he was born to be.

Stop waiting for the guy who isn’t sure you’re enough and respect yourself enough to wait for the one that knows you are.