7 Yoga Positions That Will Start Your Day Off Right

Go forth with a good stretch.

150
Ben Blennerhassett

Yoga. This exercise trend is currently sweeping the nation. Even if you are not a fan of yoga, you cannot deny the benefits of it. Some physical benefits of yoga include increased flexibility, increased muscle tone, improved energy and vitality and helps to maintain a balanced metabolism. WOW WEE. ALL THESE THINGS ARE SO GREAT FOR YOUR BODY.

Also, not only does yoga have physical benefits, it has mental benefits as well. It aids in alleviating stress and calms your nervous system. People use yoga to alleviate their symptoms of anxiety and depression. In my opinion, this is an incredible exercise when life seems to be moving a mile a minute.

Doing yoga, I am able to relax and focus on the pose. I can leave my worries for the day. Starting yoga off in the morning would help you to wake your muscles and your brain up! Below I have compiled a list of poses from doyouyoga.com to start your morning off right. Good mornings lead to conquering your day!

1. The Sun Salutation

Sun salutations are a series of positions that can give you a sense of inner calm due to the rhythmic movement of the poses itself. They are a great way to warm up because it starts to sync up the movements of your body with the flow of your breath.

2. Chair Pose

This pose builds energy in your quads and calf muscles to generate heat in those areas of your body. It challenges your mind to stay positive as the lower half of your body feels like it is on fire.

3. Happy Baby Pose

This is a very underrated pose in yoga. This pose stretches out your inner thighs to the max. Also, you get a nice chuckle because you are rolling around like a silly little infant.

4. Downward Facing Dog

The whole body is in involved in this pose so if you want to add a yoga pose to your morning routine, add this one. There is a magnificent stretch travels through your back to your legs to your hips.

5. Wide Leg Forward Fold

In this fold, the spine is lengthened to the max. Not to mention a nice hamstring stretch to start your day off right!

6. Half Lord of the Fishes Pose

This fishy pose promotes a healthy spine. In addition, it helps to stimulate the internal organs which promote healthy digestion.

7. Childs Pose and Cobra

This dynamic duo is simply incredible. One should not be done without the other. Childs pose elongates your spine and stretches your arms as well. Cobra lengthens your abdominal muscles for an all around feel the good stretch. Your body will thank you later.

Starting your morning off with some or all of these yoga poses will lead to a better day! You will be energized and limbered up. Happy stretching! Namaste.