A Year Later: I'm Still Missing You

A Year Later: I'm Still Missing You

I never thought I would be that girl. That girl that loses her best friend so young.

7
fox5krbk.com

I never thought that I would be that girl. That girl that loses her best friend at young age. I always thought that I would have to wait until I was older to start losing my friends. It has only been a year and so much has happened since you were taken away from us. This is what I want to tell you.

Through this year, with everything going on in this crazy world, I can say can you’re missing the most torn presidential election I have ever seen. But with all the mass murders going on, I say that I am glad you’re gone. On a higher note, the Olympics this year in Rio have been so amazing. Michael Phelps has become the GOAT (Greatest Olympian of All Time), but you already knew that. The swimming pool turned green because they didn’t have enough of the chemicals to clean it. USA is dominant in the Olympics. Garret, you would be so proud of the archery team got a bronze medal. I hear you telling me that they should’ve done it better or differently.

I have moments where I wish that I got that last time to see you. I know I had the chance, but I had homework. I remember waking up and get on my Facebook like I do every morning and seeing the comments of R.I.P. Christina and Garret. I called someone to figure out what was going on and suddenly was rushed with anxiety of wishing I seen you two. I was numb.

Garret, I was so fond of you and you were always making people laugh. Not a day goes by and I don’t think of something that reminds me of you. I remember the first thing I said when I saw you and it was, “Oh my god, this guy has a big mustache and a cut off shirt. He is totally a hillbilly.” You introduced yourself to me and I didn’t know that the person I had just laughed at would be someone I would miss the rest of my life. Garret, I remember the day I got my hair done by your mom and you came up to me telling me how great I would look would caramel highlights. I will always remember those moments in time.

Christina, I’m truly sorry that I didn’t get to see you that much. I do know that you had the world going for you. I remember going on a double date with you several times. You were fairly quiet and didn’t talk much, but you just wore a smile and laughed with the rest of us.

You two were amazing people and I am truly glad that you were a part of my life. I laugh at sometimes thinking about times I spent with you guys. You two were amazing and always a ball of light that walked down the hall together hand-in-hand. I know that you are watching over all of us and keeping us safe at night. It will be a good day in heaven when I get to see you guys. It truly was a see you later and not a goodbye when I last seen you.

In Memory of Garret Krasser and Christina Harter

August 16, 2015