Y'all Should Chill On Criticizing Jeff Sessions

He's still the Attorney General.

3
MyAJC

Throughout this week, I've seen posters all over campus voicing anger over some of the people President Trump has appointed to the Cabinet. One such person, and the most prominent poster, is Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The poster had an unflattering picture of Sessions with the headline: "When you're racist and still the Attorney General?"

This is rude and completely unnecessary. And if you couldn't tell, it's ungrammatical. It doesn't make sense. The question mark at the end makes just as much sense as thinking your little poster is going to solve anything.

So Jeff Sessions didn't divulge that he met with the Russian ambassador. That's true. How, though, is that going to stop him from doing his job?

You know what will stop him from doing his job? People taking their personal, uninformed opinions and causing him problems to deal with there rather than on a larger scale that will progress our country.

This begs the question, an honest question: Is the problem Jeff Sessions or is the problem that one "side" won the presidency over the other? Is the problem that people didn't want Trump as President and therefore any choice he makes will be the wrong one? Is there nothing better to do with your time than picking on a man for no purpose? What were your signs supposed to do besides harm a man's character?

You can say he's racist for whatever reason you want. You'll probably say that he thinks bad things about black people and he says bad things about black people, but let's take an objective look for just a second.

Are you not doing the same thing to him? You're making fun of him, saying hurtful things about him. Maybe they're true, but does that negate their racism? No. It doesn't.

I'll leave you with one more question. Do your posters make you racist?