Ya Like Jazz?

Ya Like Jazz?

What do you think buzzy boy? Are ya bee enough?
482

The Bee Movie is terrible. Take my word for it. However, while it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen, it is also one of the best movies I have ever seen. Between the terrible puns and the horrible one liners, you find yourself hating the fact that you enjoy it.

It took me all the way until my freshman year of college to finally see this movie, and frankly, I’m kind of glad I didn’t watch it until now. There is a great joy that comes from seeing kids movies when you’re an adult. You finally understand all of the adult humor that you didn’t get as a kid, and The Bee Movie is full of it. Jerry Seinfeld is a great comedian, but he should not write a kids movie. Granted the kids don’t understand how terrible the jokes are and what they mean, but us adults do. There have been too many times I have turned to my roommate with a look of dismay on my face because I can’t fathom what just happened. That being said, that is the kind of humor I enjoy hearing.

While Seinfeld’s jokes are pretty cheesy and bad, the puns are far worse. However, a lot of times the characters don’t make puns, they just throw the word “bee” into their conversation and call it good. One of the worst/best examples of this is the character Bee Larry King. This angers me profusely because they were sitting on a goldmine of Larry Sting. It is so cringey in the best possible way.

I know it may seem like I’m completely bashing this movie, but that is quite the contrary. It is all of these terrible aspects that make this one of my favorite movies. If you haven’t seen it yet, then you are wrong. Plain and simple. I would never take back finally seeing The Bee Movie because without it life would bee a complete buzzkill.