5 Ways To Get Through The College Hell Month: November

Choose one thing a day to give to yourself.

36

College is hard, and once November hits it seems like everything is thrown at you all at once. Between project season and tests and essays etc. there is so much to do and seemingly no time. As a senior, I've had several years to get a grip on how to best tackle this time of year so today I want to share my words of wisdom with you!

1. Choose one thing a day to give to yourself. 

It can be making sure you cook dinner at the end of the day or going for a walk or to the gym. Give yourself something everyday to look forward to and take the time to ensure you give that to yourself.

2. Get rid of the unnecessary stress and negativity. 

Typically this is easier said than done, but if anything, prioritize the activities and extracurriculars in your life to those you truly enjoy and want to be a part of. If you have to give some things up - that's okay! We're not these supernatural beings who can do everything under the sun. Take care of yourself and do what you have to do for you!

3. Go to bed at a descent hour. 

Only so much can be accomplished in one day. Staying up into the wee hours of the night isn't good for you and if you prioritize your time, it isn't necessary.

4. Take care of yourself first. 

Yes, there are obligations in life. But you are the first priority for your life and if you don't take care of yourself, you're going to end up worn down and miserable. The longer this goes on, the longer it takes to get back on your feet.

5. Plan well in advance.

For me, I've found that taking time every Sunday to place out my week and get a solidified look at what I need to do for the week makes it much easier to gage what I have to get done. When it gets to a busy point in the semester, like now, I go further than that I write out a few weeks at a time (but still evaluate it every Sunday). I've found that having it all written out in front of me really helps get it all straight.

At the end of the day, the best thing you can do for yourself this time of year is to take care of yourself. You cannot perform at your best when you yourself are unwell, speaking mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.

There are only a few weeks left of the semester - good luck & you can do it!