4 Reasons Why You Should Totally Start Taking Xanax

Xanax Is Cool, Right?

994
New Beginnings

Xanax has become a very popular drug found on college campuses and beyond. We tend to forget about all that comes with this "magical" pill. Let's dive right in to all of it's awesome aspects.

1. Blacking Out

Waking up the next day with no recollection of what happened the night before. Texting all your buddies to see what happened. Opening up your snapchat to find yourself on numerous people's stories doing the strangest things. These are the best days of our lives. Why on earth would you want to remember them, right?

2. Side Effects

Besides blacking out, there are so many more "awesome" side effects to come with popping a "xan." Short term effects will have you struggling to speak and do things you wouldn't normally do. Thinking it's no different from being drunk. You don't realize how it's affecting you overall. You become someone else — no personality, practically a zombie. Also, when you stop taking them so often you'll have withdrawals. Insomnia. Tremors. Nausea. You name it! It really sounds like a "great opportunity."

3. Relationships

Your new friends think you are hilarious. You're not as close to your other friends as you used to be, but college is all about having a good time so you don't think too much into it. You think "friends forever" as they slide another bar across the table for you to take. Little do you know they are just waiting to laugh and see the stupid things you do when you're not yourself. Your old friends worry about you when all you do is brag or see you slowly falling apart, but don't know how to approach it. Your parents notice you're acting different, ask you what's going on, but you think nothing's wrong and go about your day.

4. Legal Consequences

If you're illegally caught with this "magical" drug, it can result in felony charges. Maybe a little bit of jail time, some costly fees, but who cares? A couple hours of pleasure totally outweighs the consequences.

Now that I'm through with that, LET'S GET REAL.

Xanax is a very powerful drug that is generally used to treat anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and insomnia. According AddictionCenter.com, it is actually the number one prescribed psychiatric medicine in the U.S. and has the ability to be very addicting. Xanax was meant for people who actually need it medically, not for you to abuse it and black out for awhile. On a college campus, I'll hear people whispering or bragging almost every day about "popping bars."

Today's generation and media has completely shrugged off the harmful side effects of drug use. We see movies like "Project X," which displays teens throwing unrealistic ragers, taking ecstasy like it's nothing and drinking until they incapable of walking on their own. I am so sick of the people taking harmful drugs like it's not a big deal. I am fed up with watching old friends fall into substance abuse. Seeing them incoherent makes my stomach drop every single time. I am done with hearing stories of "friends" giving someone so many bars of Xanax just to see how that person reacts to it. That is so sick and wrong. It is infuriating.

If you find yourself in this situation or one similar, do NOT shrug it off. It is a HUGE problem. Get yourself help or listen to those who truly care about you. I assure you that you will have friends and family right behind you and welcoming back the person they once knew with open arms.

Take care of and respect yourself and body. You only get one.