The Struggle To Write During Quarantine

The Struggle To Write During Quarantine

One would think writing would be easier with all the time I have on my hands, but that's just not the case for me.

29
The Struggle To Write During Quarantine

During this hard time people are taking the opportunity to get various activities done. Now that large amounts of people have free time on their hands they are reading books, watching films, and getting a good amount of writing done. However, I constantly find myself as the exception to the rule, because I struggle to write about anything during this time.

A lot of it may come from the lack of inspiration I have in the field of film and theater right now. With no new films and very little film news for the next few months, a lot of the topics I used to cover have vanished for the time being and I am starting to run out of fresh material for these articles. That, however, only remains one small reason as to why I struggle to write during this time.

I also struggle to motivate myself to write during these hard times. Several people are suffering and dying with no clear end in sight. Our economy is in a downward spiral and I have to be out of work for the time being. I am struggling with a strong amount of depression right now, as I believe many are right now, and I find it hard to pull myself out of bed and enthusiastically talk about the things I love. I'm still capable of doing it, but it has started to become harder and harder with each passing day.

I didn't write this article to alarm anyone or to make them feel bad. I wrote this article in the hopes that others could relate to this struggle. We are all struggling now, and I hope that sharing our personal struggles could all help bring us together in some way. I constantly see how other people are handling their quarantine with games and fun videos, and I wonder why I'm incapable of finding a fun way to get through this.

Throughout this quarantine I have been passing the time watching films and videos on YouTube, but I can never really bring myself to talk about them. Everything that's going on in the world constantly throws me off my thought process and I struggle to get it back. It constantly distracts me from focusing on the things that I love most in the world.

I hope this crisis ends soon and we all find a happy path to some form of normality. I can't wait to start writing about newer films and the trends I see within the industry. Until then I guess I'll have to find new ways to cope with this crisis and try my best to come up with ideas for you all to enjoy reading. I just decided to write this because, as stated in the article, I was struggling to come up with a topic for you and just decided to write about that struggle. Here's hoping we all stay safe and make it through this. We need to have each other's backs, now more than ever.