Writing For Others And Not Just For School

To me, writing is not only fun but it is a way to connect with yourself on such a deeper level.
10

To the people who like to write but never joined a club,

I am not a professional writer, nor do I want to be. Writing papers was never difficult but writing for something more than just papers is something I decided to do this semester. I never thought on a Friday night instead of going out I would be writing about how I really feel. Throughout the summer and even right now, I would get so many ideas about what to write about. But when I actually tried to put it together, it would sound so different. I am happy to finally be writing with a purpose, a place where I could just vent about the crazy ideas that go through my head with all of you. Writing for some is annoying, complicated, and just plain confusing. To me, writing is not only fun, but it is a way to connect with yourself on such a deeper level. When I was younger I used to write in my diary. What I wrote would not have make sense to anyone else, but it made sense to me. Writing in diaries is sacred; it is your own experience and feelings. Even though Odyssey is not my diary, I do want it to be sacred. I am going to try to make it a place where I can look back at, and a place where people can be inspired. My ideas may not be perfect, but who is to say anything is?

To the people who like to write (like me) but do not want to join a club, I understand that feeling. That was me throughout high school. I knew there was a creative writing class, but something just made me not take that class, and to this day I do not know what it was. Now that I am in college and my ideas for writing are a little more mature, I am excited to be sharing my memories and experiences with you. I hope that if you like writing, you continue it; you never know where it may take you.

Sincerely,

The person who believes in you