30 Day Workout Challenges Aren't For Me

All over Facebook and Google you can find 30-day workout challenges. They are meant to give you quick results but the work is extremely difficult. To the average person, this type of working out is not for them. I don't blame you if you have tried and failed or quit after 4 days. I have myself. Workout challenges do not really make it easy for the person trying to fix a certain area. Why would you want to only fix one area?

Working out is a pain. We start a workout challenge and then on day 5 we might miss it. In efforts to stay on track, we bust our butt and do 2 days worth in one sitting. This mentally and physically kills the average person who has not worked out in a couple of days. We suffer and before we know it we quit without feeling guilty. This always happens to me and when I talk to most people it sounds like it happened to them. Why do we think that in 30 days we can drastically change ourselves?

I remember in High School if you wanted to be ready for soccer season you would start at least six weeks out or more. I would practice all summer long and by the time season hit I was ready and in shape. For the poor girls who started the day season started, they were dying 20 minutes into warm ups. I was ready and but it took them well into a season for them to catch up. Even though most of us who went to high school and played sports know this, we still make this mistake. We forget what it felt like to step out on that practice field again.

The worst part of the 30-day workout challenge is the all the money that these workout challenges expect you to hand over. I obviously do not have the money to go to the gym or get a trainer and now they want me to buy all this expensive food and equipment? Shouldn't there be a workout that allows us to change only a portion of our lifestyle? And then they want us to buy all this workout equipment. My sister bought one of the beach body workout videos which cost her an arm and a leg and when she received it they asked to buy all this workout equipment. They wanted a yoga mat, dumbbells, a workout ball, jump rope, etc. On top of that, they gave her a diet she should stick to. How are we suppose to do these workout challenges?

As I type, I imagine there is another workout challenge being made. We need a workout challenge that will work us into getting in shape, slowly. Most of the people they are trying to reach probably haven't workout more than walking to our car. It's unrealistic and that is why I can not complete a workout challenge.