Words Of Wisdom To The Lady In Waiting

Words Of Wisdom To The Lady In Waiting

"Becoming God's best while waiting for Mr. Right."

17
Words Of Wisdom To The Lady In Waiting
Community in Mission

About six months ago, I stumbled upon a book at Barnes and Noble. "Lady in Waiting" written by Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones is one of the best book purchases I have made. I bought this book when I found myself to be impatient and eager to find that special someone, but I didn't realize why I hadn't. "Lady in Waiting" is about becoming God's best while waiting for "the one." It didn't take me long to finish this book, and along the way I highlighted and underlined every sentence that spoke words of inspiration to me. I know many girls out there struggle with being patient to find Mr. Right, but the wait is worth the sacrifice.

1. "A woman is not born a woman. Nor does she become one when she marries a man, bears a child and does their dirty linen, not even when she joins a women's liberation movement. A woman becomes a woman when she becomes what God wants her to be."

2. "Happiness is not found in marriage but in a right relationship with God.

3. "When He is your Lord, you can joyfully walk in the path of life that He has for you."

4. "You mirror those who influence you."

5. "When a single woman enters a career or even marriage without understanding that she is complete in Christ, she will be disillusioned and dissatisfied. Incompleteness is not the result of being single, but of not being full of Jesus."

6. "If you are frustrated and distracted, rather than fruitfully serving Jesus, then ask Him right now to adjust your vision."

7. "God will do the same for you if that is His plan."

8. "Faith means being sure of the things we hope for. And faith means knowing that something is real even if we do not see it" (Heb. 11:1).

9. "You have nothing to fear except getting in His way and trying to "write the script" rather than following His. Jesus does have your best interest at heart. He desires to bless you by giving you the best. Something what you perceive as the best if nothing more than a generic version."

10. "Virtue is developed over time as you allow God's Spirit to do special work in your life."

11. "True love can only be found in undistracted devotion to Jesus Christ."

12. "When you love someone, you give them your heart, the center of your being. God asks for no less."

13. "A halfhearted search is no sufficient. This means you cannot seek God while you do your own thing."

14. "All women must learn to balance their priorities, but the single woman's heart is not sent in different directions by the needs of a husband and children."

15. "Godly women must avoid basing their comprehension of the pleasures of sex on what commercials advertise, magazines glamorize, or books sensationalize."

16. "Don't allow the flickering pleasures of an evening of "making love" destroy a lifetime of "lasting love."

17. "God can and will give you His best if you wait for it."

18. "If you maneuver to get a man, you will have to maneuver to keep him."

19. "Do not encourage talk to things that "might be," but rather encourage words and actions that develop the present friendship."

20. "Women, young and old, seem to resist controlling their emotions. As a result, they end up emotional cripples, angry at the men who failed to live up to their emotional fantasies."

21. "Lack of contentment is the result of the terrible burden of wanting life on your terms."

22. "Ungodly cycles can be broken. Your destiny is not something that is left to chance or fate; it is the product of wise choices."

23. "The Lord will probably not require you to date a guy who repulses you physically. But you need to be open to guys who do not fit your desired stereotypes. Too often a guy may satisfy your eyesight, but leave your heart empty and still longing. Remember, after a few years that bronzed, blue-eyed blonde can be transformed into a pale, bald guy with bifocals on those those gorgeous eyes."

24. "Fear is an internal pressure."

If you are a lady in waiting, use the time to become God's best.