A Letter To My Future Daughter

A Letter To My Future Daughter

I will always love you.

1580
A Letter To My Future Daughter
wallpaperen.com

Dear My Future Daughter,

We haven't met yet and most likely won't meet for many many many years, but I still have some things I would like you to know. I guess the first thing I have to tell you is how much I love you. Even though I have yet to meet you, I know you will be the absolute light of my life from the day you are born until the day I die. I want you to know that your father, whoever he may end up being, and I will love you unconditionally through every part of your life. Along with that, there are a few other things I would like to tell you.

You need to love yourself before you even think about loving anyone else. Being a young girl comes with a lot of expectations that are impossible to meet. I want you to know that you don't have to impress anyone other than yourself. You need to be your own idea of perfection darling, not some random model you saw in a magazine or online. You need to know that you are worth so much more than you could ever imagine. I know growing up as a young girl can be one of the hardest things to ever go through and I just want you to know that you will always loved.

Heartbreak is inevitable. I don't care if he is the nicest boy in the world. Please never make him your entire world because when he leaves he will take every part of you with him. He will leave you crying on the bathroom floor for hours, but the best part is that boy you can't stop daydreaming about won't matter in five years, but if you need someone to cry to if he breaks your heart I will always be there for you. I don't care if we just had an argument and it's 3am. Please come to me.

I also want you to know that it is better to be admired for your mind than for your body. Never worry about being beautiful. Be extraordinary. Please never dumb yourself down to get a boy's attention. You have no obligation to boost a boy's confidence by acting dumb. You have an obligation to yourself to allow your mind to flourish and create the future you have always dreamed of. Never let someone come between you and that dream.

Your mental health will always come before school. I don't care if you have the most important test of the year. Sometimes you just need to put down the textbook and cry and that's perfectly okay. Please never try to hide your pain from me or try to find ways to cope with it by harming yourself and keeping it all inside. I'm begging you. Please come find me and I will be there for you no matter what. I promise to never be oblivious to your pain.

I want you to know that even after all of our fights when you scream how much you hate me, that I will always be your shoulder to cry on.

Finally, I hope you go through life with a never fading smiling on your face. Make big dreams and chase after them no matter what. Enjoy your adolescence. Go on adventures with friends and take risks. You are the writer of your own story and I pray that you write a wonderful one.

Love always,

Mom