A Thank You Letter to My Boyfriend

A Thank You Letter to My Boyfriend

For all the things I can never seem to say...
82

To My Wonderful Boyfriend,

There are so many things I want to tell you that I can never seem to put into words. Each day there is something new I begin to admire or love about you even more than the last. The amount of pride, admiration, trust, and love I have for you never ceases to amaze me. I know I do a terrible job at showing that sometimes so this is for the days that I can't put into words what you mean to me and for the days that you just need a little reminder you're doing an amazing job.

Thank you for Chick-fil-A dates...

You always seem to know when I need an 8-count meal to fix my hanger or when a cookies and cream milkshake is needed to fix a crappy week. This makes both my heart and tummy happy and it's greatly appreciated.

Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone...

Before I met you I never would have willingly dressed head-to-toe in camouflage, sat in a deer stand, fished, or been silent for three hours while turkey hunting. Even though I made you think I hated doing every single one of those things, I actually loved it. I now have a new respect for nature because I did all of these things with you. Whether that be the breathtaking sunset I witnessed in the deer stand or the beauty of hearing trees rustle through the wind while silently sitting in turkey blind. These are things I know cherish because of you.

Thank you for dressing up...

You practically live in worn out blue jeans, t-shirts, and boots (I have grown to love this about you) but when you don't wear them I know it's a special occasion. Anytime we do something new, fun, or exciting I always notice that you wear something besides boots. This simple gesture means so much to me because I know that you view almost everything we do together as something special. So thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone and making every day with me a new adventure.

Thank you for having such a wonderful family...

Ever since the day I met them each one of your family members have made me feel so welcomed, loved, and apart of your family. I secretly love when your mom hugs me first sometimes, that your dad is just as sarcastic as I am about everything, and that your sister always seems to agree with me. More importantly than that though I love the way you love them. The respect you have while talking about them is so special to me. It is such a sincere and honest kind of love that you have for them and it is so beautiful to witness.

Thank you for making me relax...

Whether it's a weekend trip to come see you at school or a weekend at your parents house, you always make me feel so relaxed when I'm with you.We could do nothing but watch movies all day long and I feel one hundred times better just from being with you. It's also nice knowing that there is always a foot rub or back rub to be expected when I see you. You do so many things to make me feel at ease and that is the best feeling in the world.

Thank you for making time for me...

Your free time between school, work, and everything else you are apart of is practically nonexistent. I am honestly amazed that you accomplish everything you do and still make me feel so special. The way you balance everything is so admirable and something I will always look up to you for. I love you so much more because of the way you balance everything and still make me a priority.

Thank you for surprise notes...

Sometimes it's something as simple as a sweet good morning text or the sweet notes you leave me in my room that I find after date nights and sometimes it's the random letters I get in the mail telling me how much you love me. Each one of these make me smile from ear to ear and always turn my day around. In a world where everyone wants a sappy caption on Instagram, it's refreshing to have someone who shows how much they love me in a more personal way.

Thank you for loving me...

Never in a million years did I ever expect someone as wonderful as you to love someone like me. You have wiped away countless tears, made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt, and made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world every single time I needed it. You continue to amaze me everyday with what all you do to make me feel so special. Thank you for accepting my flaws and loving me despite all of them. You have made me a better person and for that I will always be thankful.

I love you more than these words could ever say but I hope this gives you an idea of how thankful for you I truly am.

Love,

Your Very Sappy Girlfriend