Wonder Woman Is The Film We’ve Needed For Years

"What I do is not up to you."

10
Screen Rant

So Comic Con happened -- aka the time when I sit in my house watching footage and crying because I am not in San Diego.

And typically, I am not a DC fan in the slightest (Exhibit A: "I’m A Girl Who Is Addicted To Marvel Films"). Typically, I am a Marvel fangirl solely for the fact that they actually put out good movies. Critically acclaimed masterpieces that make me have all the nerdy feels.

I didn't use to dislike DC, as Nolan's Batman trilogy was cinematic gold. I mean come on, how is Jared Leto ever going to be better than the OG Heath Ledger? (RIP, you beautiful human being, you.)

Because of my love of said trilogy, I was so excited for "Man of Steel" when it came out. The freaking score alone killed me with how fantastic it was; not to mention Superman's cape blowing through the snow in the trailers. But of course like any sane being, I ended up hated it with a passion. Therefore, I was less excited for "Batman v. Superman," as my expectations were brought so far down from the fail that was "Man of Steel" in my eyes. The action was good, but like most Zack Snyder films, the story was absolutely ludicrous (i.e. "MARTHA?").

That all being said, I am falling into DC's trap of good trailers once again... that "Wonder Woman" trailer at Comic Con was perfection. Gal Gadot is beautiful, powerful, and what we need so desperately in film. Granted I did think her acting abilities were similar to a stick in "Batman v. Superman," but here she seems like the bad ass female character Hollywood needs.

Why do we need her? Because of the one thing Marvel has done absolutely wrong so far: where is our Black Widow movie?

I don't want to have to rely on DC to begin the female superhero revolution, but unfortunately I'm beginning to realize I have to.

You would think with the popularity of my girl Scarlett as Black Widow, they would have locked down a movie as soon as possible.

But to be fair, Marvel doesn't have Wonder Woman, the most famous female superhero (maybe even character) of all time. She can appeal to mass audiences, not just comic book movie fans. She has a sword in her dress for crying out loud!

If this trailer doesn't turn you on to feminism, I don't know what will. I mean there is an army of female soldiers for damn sake. Not to mention Diana telling a man she can make her own decisions in the most powerful line of the three minutes.

My only real complaint is her costume and lack of pants, but Zack Snyder already designed that so we can't really blame the female director (yes, I said female) of this film.

Conclusion? Hollywood needs "Wonder Woman" and they need it badly. I just hope the film doesn't suffer from DC's curse of good trailers and poor execution.

"Be careful, Diana. They do not deserve you."