Women's Right To Breastfeed Should Not Be Your Concern

Women can bare their nipples in Times Square because they are “performing” and “doing their job” but a mother can’t feed a two-month old wailing baby.

42
vitadamamma.com

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in the United States. Of course, everyone is allowed to voice their opinion on an opinion they don’t agree on. It’s the circle of life. So I don’t understand how being in the 21st century women can bare their nipples in Times Square because they are “performing” and “doing their job” but a mother can’t feed a two-month old wailing baby. Where is the justice?

I know that by me saying that the women in Times Square are “performing” and “doing their job” may sound like I am calling them a prostitute but I am not. One thing has nothing to do with the other. I am just trying to understand why it’s ok. If you’re old enough to read and understand what I am saying, then you can understand that no one should have to go hungry just because a little skin is showing. A wailing baby shouldn’t have to go hungry because someone finds it repulsive that a lactating mother is trying to feed her baby.

There are memes all over the internet of people supporting the breastfeeding movement but you can also find the complete opposite. But I want to focus on why EVERYONE should support it (and no it has nothing to do with feminism- I don’t know why people mix the two).

1. Free Country

If you live in the United States, this is deemed a free country and while that does not mean to go parading naked down the street it does mean you have a choice of what to wear/ do with YOUR body. Women or man, it is THEIR CHOICE what they do with it.

2. IT’S NOT YOUR F*CKING BUSINESS

You don’t like people in your business so don’t get in theirs. I promise you that a women breastfeeding her baby is not harming you or anyone around you. If you’re a guy the decent thing to do is look away. She’s not there to entertain your wildest fantasies. She’s there to feed her baby. If you’re a women don’t make her feel uncomfortable just because she is doing her duty as a mother.

If it bothers you that much, then you should leave and take your opinion elsewhere.

3. Modesty

Of course, I know that the easiest thing to do when a mother whips out her breast is to stare but as I am sure your guardian taught you while growing up, “it is not polite to stare”. Most mothers don’t like calling attention to themselves so they try to do the modest thing and cover their baby with a blanket but even those who don’t it shouldn’t be of any concern to you what they do.

I can understand that growing children will have questions about what the mother is doing with her breast and the baby in a public space but it is your job as a guardian to educate them, not make them feel superior or uncomfortable with the situation.

So if women in times square can bare their nipples and be applauded then we should also applaud breastfeeding mothers as well.