Hey, Ladies, It's Time We Kick Society's Ass

We can not let this reign of terror last any longer!

199
Roya Ann Miller

What is the definition of “True Beauty”? Is it spending time in front of a mirror putting on loads of makeup? Is it trying to become that supermodel in the magazines? Is it keeping up with all the things that today’s shitty society tells us we should look like? Well, I think true beauty is that extra kick of sunshine that is within when a person wakes up in the morning. True beauty is simply happiness.

In the words of Natasha Bedingfield, “ Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.” You have the choice to turn your blank canvas into something magical. It is not something inherited from our parents, but what lies deep within a person’s chest. It is putting on that bomb outfit and feeling like the prettiest girl in the room.

As women we tend to let society dictate our self-worth. They tell us what we should wear, or even how we should carry ourselves daily. These moments are the times that real beauty will shine through because the ones whom find and possess it, will radiate throughout the room. I do believe everyone has this so called beauty, but it just takes soul searching to find that beauty within oneself. Happiness will change someone’s posture, way of thinking, and the way they view themselves.

Self confidence is something that I struggle with the most as an individual, but the times where I was truly happy, I felt the prettiest. I accomplished this by surrounding myself with people and doing things that made me feel bliss. Sometimes as women we have to discard the negative views of society and say, “ I am beautiful because I know my own worth!”. A healthy mindset will lead to so much happiness in life.

As women we have to motivate one another to stay on the path of feeling pretty and finding happiness. If we degrade each other, that gives society and men the right to do the same. We cannot let others define our beauty, and what we see as beauty. It is time for all of us to create a new definition of True Beauty. We can start by looking in the mirror and taking a flaw that we possess, and turning it into perfection in the eyes of the beholder. Let that flaw be the spark that ignites the fire within. Every wrinkle we gain is a stitch of strength and happiness that we have accumulated over the years.

“True Beauty” is not defined by shape, size, color, or genes. Our bodies are a combination of all those things, but it is only here to be the screen that we project our beauty on to. It is time for us to paint that Picasso that the world has been waiting to discover. YOU get to decide what makes you a bad bi#$h in today’s society, not the man. Not one person can describe someone else’s view of beauty, nor whether or not someone has it inside of them. So, ladies the next time you look in the mirror say aloud, “I am enough”.