Is The 10-Minute High Really Worth Losing Your Baby?

To the Women Who Abuse Their Pregnancy

13
Hooked Sober

To the women who abuse their pregnancy,

First off, I want to say that I'm very pro-choice.I am pro-choice because I believe you should be the controller of your body. I am also pro-choice because there are certain situations and circumstances in which a baby shouldn't be brought. Especially in the case that the mother is selfish. And yes, I'm talking about you.

I am a firm believer that pregnancy is one of the most beautiful things on this world. It brings (it should bring) life, joy and a world of happiness. After conception, it's your job to nourish the baby, so he/she can brought into this world healthy. That's why prenatal care is the most vital part of the developing human. You're setting the standards of how your baby's life will be.

So first let me ask, how can you only think of yourself when you decided you wanted to bring another life into the mix? Especially a baby. He/she is helpless in your womb. He/she relies on YOU.

Calling all smokers: How can you be OK with putting a cigarette into your mouth? It increases the chance of your baby to have asthma and increases the chances for he/she to ultimately suffer from sudden infant death syndrome. All I can see is a baby on breathing monitors, doesn't that disturb you as it does me?

Calling all drinkers: It's OK to have a glass a wine every once in a while but to heavily drink when with child? How could you? Your child is in high risk for birth defects. Your child can suffer from fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Doesn't that bother you just a little bit?

Calling all other drug users: Drugs are illegal for a reason. Not only are they horrible for you, but they are detrimental for your baby. Your baby is in high risk for being premature. After birth, your baby is going to suffer from drug withdrawals and can become sick, etc. Is the 10-minute high really worth losing your baby?

Calling all the women who think it's OK to eat everything they want: Contrary to popular belief, you DO NOT eat for two. Too much weight gain can cause some serious and problems. Food isn't a real danger, but be mindful about what you eat and how much you eat. Please.

Calling all the women who become inactive during pregnancy: You're very much able to do normal day activities. You have to take care of yourself in all aspects to rightfully care for your fetus. Be active. Would it kill you to go on a walk every once in a while?

Calling all women who use pregnancy is an excuse: You have a precious life in you that is relying on you. Without you, the baby would die. He/she isn't a blood sucking leech that is preventing you to live your life. Live your life healthily for the sake of your baby because if you complain now, won't you complain more later?

If you're not ready to put your baby first, don't have a baby at all. The least you can do is practice safe sex to prevent creating a life. Moping around, complaining, and continuing your bad habits is no way to bring a child into the world. The way you care for your body during pregnancy reflects how your baby will come out into the world. I'm on the baby's side. They have nothing, but hope. So, I advocate their hope to you. Stop the bad habits if you're pregnant, then do as you wish to your body after pregnancy unless you breastfeed. Seriously, your baby will thank you.

Best,

An avid baby lover

P.S. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just believe babies deserve to come into this world healthy.

P.P.S. There are women who are unable to become pregnant and would do anything to conceive their own. It's heartbreaking to them to see women who can have children not take care of their buns in the oven properly.