I Wish I Could Tell You

I Wish I Could Tell You

What My Anxiety Looks Like

7
I Wish I Could Tell You
Brianna Spence

The other day someone asked me to explain my anxiety to them. They asked questions such as what types of things trigger it, what it feels like, and just general questions about it I wish I could answer and explain. To be honest I’m not the only one that experiences anxiety. I wasn’t the first and I won’t be the last. Some days, it's worse than others and there are certain moments where I sometimes forget I even have it.

Another thing dealing with my anxiety that I often hear is people saying “Oh, I would have never guessed”. Thanks…I think. I’m glad to know that I sometimes come off as seeming like I have things figured out but it also slightly annoys me because I know it shines out other moments. It’s kind of an unexplainable thing.

I wish I knew what caused my anxiety. I wish I knew what things affected it more than others. I wish I knew so much more about it than what I do. Somedays it’s everywhere and some days I almost forget about it. It honestly just depends.

Anxiety is one of those things that affects so many people and it affects so many people differently. Anxiety can affect how we sleep because we spend so much of the night tossing and turning. Anxiety can be overthinking every last detail from what conversation we had first thing in the morning to what outfit we are wearing. Anxiety can cause us to annoy a person by sending multiple texts just because we are fearful and hate being “ignored”. Anxiety can be feelings of doubt. Anxiety can be afraid to talk. Afraid of what others might think. And even fear of rejection.

When I’m feeling extremely anxious I open my bible and pray. It works most of the time. But anxiety is kind of a part of me but it will never be what defines me.