Things I really wish I could tell you

Things I Really Wish I Could Still Tell My Grandpa

Nobody told me how hard things would be without you here.

593
Aspen Endriss

Losing my grandpa was one of the hardest things that I have ever experienced. My grandpa died the day before my birthday this past spring. I will never forget the way that you nurtured me like your own and taught me everything I know about incredible work ethic. Since my biological dad left so young, I grew even closer to you. You were my best friend until the day you died.

Things seem to be changing a lot faster without you here. Since April there have been a few changes I wish I could really tell you about. Grandpa, I changed majors. I am doing something for myself. You always told me to do things for myself and not for other people.

This is where I feel I am at a crossroads with how my emotions are overflowing. I feel I have had to grow up a little more without my rock constantly being there for me. Granted, I still know you are here for me but not in the same capacity. I really wish Heaven had a phone. I would spend forever talking to you about the things that have been happening over the past few months.

I wish I could walk and tell you how much I miss you and our memories. You bailed me out of so much trouble with my parents while I was in high school. You were the first phone call I made when I got in a car accident. The second time... The first time I was a passenger and I should not have lived but you followed the ambulance to the hospital, and you walked in with me. The second time, I called you. I knew you would be there for me and you were. I never told you how grateful you were there for me when I was in the biggest amount of trouble with my parents.

You were my superhero and I never really got the opportunity to tell you. Grandpa, when you got diagnosed with cancer, I thought my world was over. It has been 3 months since you died and things aren't any easier. Something happens at least once a day I wish I could tell you about. I miss you, Grandpa.