Why I Will Always Be A Daddy's Girl

Why I Will Always Be A Daddy's Girl

To my hero.

10
Why I Will Always Be A Daddy's Girl
Marissa DiBella

Every girl looks up to her father with aspiration, love and affection. Every father still sees a little girl on the swing set asking to get pushed higher and higher, even when they are 20. Either way, the bond between a father and daughter is unbreakable. He will always have your heart, even when someone else tries to steal it. He will always put you first and drop everything to save you. Whether miles away or right down the hall, he will aways be your superman.

So here are some words to you, Dad.

You are the most incredible person I know. You work harder than you should, but never complain. When life throws you a curveball, you always seem to throw two right back. You help everyone you can without hesitation. You are selfless. Fearless. No matter what trouble I am in you stand by my side, even if I am at fault. You never stop loving me, showing me the way. You live to make me happy when I am the happiest just being your daughter.

Without you, I would not be the person I am today. You taught me how to be tough and fight my own battles. You taught me how to be strong on my weakest days. You taught me to be independent and to lead, not follow. You showed me how life does not come easy and people may come and go. You showed me how it is important to laugh every chance I get and love no matter how strongly I hate. You are my role model, my favorite person, and the best father in the world.

Thank you for the endless hugs and kisses. Thank you for carrying me to bed when I was small. Thank you for checking on the monster in my closet when I was scared. Thank you for punishing me when I needed to learn. Thank you for being my voice of reason when I needed help. You always know what to say, even without saying a word. You always support me as my biggest fan, and I am yours.

No matter how old I get, I am still your little girl. I am the same girl who waited anxiously for you to come home from work. I am the same girl who you played catch with and taught to ride a bike. I am the same girl who crawled in your bed early in the mornings. I loved you then, I love you now, and I will love you always. My hero.