Wild Card Weekend Predictions

Wild Card Weekend Predictions

By the time this posts, we'll all know how close my predictions came.

194
Wild Card Weekend Predictions

In under an hour from the time of this writing, the first NFL playoff game of this season will kick off in Kansas City. I like to make game predictions, and I figured I'd give the four Wild Card games a shot for my weekly post. I'm going with some edgy scorelines, so maybe this article will be laughable by the time it posts. We shall just have to see.

Tennessee @ Kansas City

Edge: Kansas City 62%

The Chiefs looked rough for a good stretch toward the middle of the season, but they'll get everything clicking in a 31-24 victory over the Titans.

Atlanta @ Los Angeles

Edge: Atlanta 53%

The Rams have had a miraculous season, and I would like to see them win, but I think the Falcons have the right blend of experience and fire to roast themselves some mutton. Atlanta 24-21 Los Angeles.

Buffalo @ Jacksonville

Edge: Buffalo 51%

This is almost definitely the most controversial pick on this list. Jacksonville's defense has been smothering, while Buffalo only leaked into the playoffs after a 4th and 12 conversion by Andy Dalton against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 17 of the Regular Season. Still, I think Buffalo can fly themselves to a nail-biting 21-20 win over Jacksonville.

Carolina @ New Orleans

Edge: Carolina 51%

The Saints will come marching in, but they won't be marching out quite so confidently. Cam Newton had 754 rushing yards across 139 attempts in the Regular Season, and he'll have 70+ yards with his feet on Sunday in a shocking 24-23 win over New Orleans.

These predictions are all pretty nondescript, but I think that's fine. The games will speak for themselves. I don't know much about how the scorelines will align in my favor over the next day plus change, but I like how they sound, and if I've turned out to be terribly wrong come Monday, we can all have a nice laugh over it.