Why Your Second Love Is Your Real First Love

Your first real love is out there and waiting to fight for you.

12283
http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/07/11/635721762983260742-1502877549_C%20and%20B%202.jpg

When your first real relationship ends it feels like your whole world has been turned upside down. It's the first time you've fallen in love.

At the time you were happy and everything seemed to be going in the right direction, but suddenly it was over and you were left all alone. Right then everything seems to go wrong, but there is actually something amazing waiting for you. Here, I have a secret for you. Your second love will be your real first love. It sounds crazy, I know, but here's why it's the honest truth.

In that moment you're in what feels like complete heartbreak.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to call it, because it feels like someone has physically ripped out your heart and left an empty space there. Every time someone says their name it feels like you've been stabbed right in the lungs because it's so hard to breathe.

At night you'll cry. You'll cry a lot, but it's okay.

It's all a process of letting go and moving on. Gradually you'll stop listening to all the songs that make you sad, and you won't think about them as much. Before you know it, you'll be at the place you two always went, and you won't even realize you didn't think about them at all.

At a point down the road, you'll meet someone new and it's fun, and you're happy. As things start to get serious, all the memories of how you were broken the first time come rushing back and you'll get scared. You will push them away and give yourself a million reasons why it will never work out because you can't stand the thought of being hurt again. You'll remember the slamming doors and the fights, and you'll build your walls up.

But ever so swiftly, brick by brick, that wall will come down.

You'll spend more and more time with that special someone, and your heart will start to feel whole again. Suddenly, you won't be able to imagine a day going by that you don't talk to them. Oh and their smile, wow that smile, it'll get you every time.

Then one morning you'll wake up and roll over to them fast asleep and you'll feel so happy that your heart could burst. Before you can even comprehend it a single thought will come to mind, "wow I love this person."

And this time the feeling doesn't scare you one bit. It's not the same butterfly feeling you had with the first relationship, this time it's warm and it's comforting. It's different because this time it's real love. Because real love makes it through all the hurt and heartache. You struggled and resisted, but they fought for you. It's real love because you know that they feel the exact same way for you without ever having to ask.

So when your first relationship ends and you feel like your whole world is falling apart, keep your chin up. Your first real love is out there and waiting to fight for you.