Why Your Friend Isn't Texting You Back

Why Your Friend Isn't Texting You Back

It's not always about you; you never know what people are going through

16
Why Your Friend Isn't Texting You Back

I read a post on social media that said this pandemic is revealing who your true friends are. While this might be the case for some people, I think it's more accurate to say this pandemic is revealing how people handle stress and how well they communicate. I say this because it's important to remember that just because someone hasn't called you or texted you back, it doesn't mean they don't like you. Sure, they might not like you, but it's more likely that something is going on with them that doesn't even involve you. Here's a list of things to keep in mind before you rush to the conclusion that someone doesn't like you.

1. They have anxiety that makes it very difficult for them to text or call back.

2. They have depression and don't have the energy to reach out.

3. This pandemic has them stuck in an abusive environment so they are more focused on survival than socializing.

4. They are taking a break from technology.

5. They're sick or caring for someone who is sick.

6. They are struggling with their mental health and don't have the energy to text or call back.

7. They are struggling with a mental illness and don't have the energy to text or call back.

8. They are struggling with their mental health or a mental illness and are too embarrassed to talk to you about it.

9. They are an introvert and are taking some time for themselves to socially recharge.

10. The are grieving a loss

11. They are exhausted from the state of this country.

This list could easily go on, but I'll stop here. I want to make it clear that these are not excuses. In an ideal world, people will be able to communicate with you when they are not up to talking. No one deserves to feel ignored or abandoned and your feelings are valid. I hope this can serve as a reminder that when you don't hear back from someone, it's very likely that the issue is on their end and has nothing to do with you.