Why You Should Try Pure Barre

Why You Should Try Pure Barre

See you at the Barre.

222
Why You Should Try Pure Barre

Why You Should Try Pure Barre

Lift, tone, and burn.

By now, you’ve probably heard of Pure Barre, a ballet-inspired fitness regimen mostly centered around the railing used in ballet training (the bar), with some Pilates and yoga influences thrown into the 55-minute class.

This total body workout focuses on specific areas: arms, thighs, seat, hips, and abs. Anyone that takes this class once will tell you that it works. You’ll wake up the next day wondering how on earth 55 minutes of minimal movement can make you so sore.

Not only is Pure Barre an effective workout, but it’s empowering and confidence-boosting as well. Here’s why you should sign up for a class.

There is no experience necessary.

Even though the majority of the class is focused around a ballet bar, you really don’t need any sort of dance experience. Sure, flexibility helps, but this class is designed to enhance your flexibility and balance.

The clothes are cute.

Walk into the Pure Barre studio in Reynolda Village in Winston-Salem and you’ll be drawn to the colorful leggings and workout tops. We’ll take any excuse to wear our Lulu leggings, not to mention that in order to take the class, you have to purchase these adorable colorful “grippy” socks – so cute.

Your muscles will eventually become longer and leaner.

If you take this class regularly, you’ll no longer have to go to the gym to lift weights. Pure Barre doesn’t promote “bulking” of muscles – instead, it teaches women to embrace how strong their body is. You’ll leave the class feeling sore, but over time you will get stronger.

You don’t need to shower directly after.

Wait... an effective workout that doesn’t leave you drenched in nasty sweat? Yes, it’s possible. You can squeeze in a Pure Barre workout before class without feeling nasty from your workout.

You’ll never do the same exercise twice.

There is plenty of variety when it comes to Pure Barre exercises. While you use the same three pieces of equipment every class (a ball, weights, and a resistance band), the different methods used to tone your body change every single class, along with the motivating beats!

You can do anything for thirty seconds.

The instructors are not only extremely talented and fit, but they’re motivational as well. As you’re hanging onto the Barre with shaking thighs, you’ll actually start to believe that “you’re stronger than you think” and that you can “do anything for thirty seconds.” Hang on to it – you really are strong!

Your teacher encourages you.

Your instructor is not only there to lead the workouts – she will encourage you by name, challenge you to push yourself as far as you can go, and she will even stretch you at the end of the class. Come on, there’s really no better feeling than when your Barre instructor tells you you’re doing a good job in front of the entire class. You go, girl!

You’ll never feel out of place.

Women of all shapes, sizes, and ages do Pure Barre. The most important part? Everyone supports each other. No one is watching you – everyone is too preoccupied with getting their own “Pure Barre ledge” that they don’t care at all that you’re struggling with a certain exercise!

Rapid results.

You’ll notice major results after taking just a few classes – sometimes in as little as one month! Improved posture, thinner thighs, a lifted seat, and enhanced flexibility are some of the things you’ll start to notice after taking just four classes!

So, go ahead and buy yourself your own pair of grippy socks. It’s time to hit the barre!