You Should Take More Pictures In 2018

You Should Take More Pictures In 2018

This is one New Year's resolution you can actually keep.
48

New Year’s resolutions are often hard to keep. We ask too much of ourselves, expect ourselves to instantly adapt to a new and better lifestyle, and then we get upset with ourselves when we give up on our resolutions and fall back into our old ways.

With that being said, I have a New Year’s resolution that you can actually keep and you’ll thank me for it later.

One of your New Year’s resolutions should be to take more pictures.

We’re a generation of selfies and Instagram aesthetics so you might be wondering why I think we need to take more pictures. Sure, we take a lot of pictures already. But the kind of pictures I’m talking about aren’t the ones that you use to keep up your Insta aesthetic, or to finally hit one thousand followers, or to use as your new profile pic.

The pictures I’m talking about are the ones you are going to want to plaster all over your bedroom walls.

The kind of pictures you’ll hold onto and show your kids someday.

These pictures aren’t perfect, hell they may not even be good, but they’re the most important pictures you can take.

I recommend using disposable cameras and polaroid cameras for these pictures. Only because it makes it more fun. Seriously, taking a disposable camera to a GA concert is way better than snapping a million pictures on your phone.

I love getting my disposable shots back. Sometimes they don’t come out the best but the ones that don’t are usually my favorite.

Why should this be your New Year’s resolution? Because you’re going to want them when you’re older and you’re going to want them now too. Physical copies of pictures that remind you of good memories. Pictures to flip through when you miss your friends from your hometown and when you’re telling your friend about the best concert you ever went to.

Trust me, you’ll thank me when 2018 comes to a close and you have a bunch of pictures to flip through and remember the best moments of the year.